Hi all im new here and have lots of questions

by mr_phishy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• mr_phishy
    mr_phishy

Hi all im new here, just stumbled accros the website while looking at some JW info and wasn't sure exactly what this forum was, then i quickly realised its actually just what i wanted to find!! However there isnt really any introduction information, like a clear home page and if you are actually alighned with a particular group/organisation! Anyway, i hope to read lots more interesting stories and hopefully i will find something im after.

Cheers

Micko

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hello and welcome to the forum Mr_Phisy! Can you tell us more about yourself? Just what were you looking for?

• mr_phishy
    mr_phishy

yeah i could jump into the deep end i suppose, im sure you all heard it before, the same old thing. Im happily a moral catholic (not a regular church goer though!) and i recently met a beautiful girl who i quickly fell for. She is French! and im Australian. Anyway shes a JW from day dot and so is all her family and friends. I know a lot about the whole thing becaus i did a heap of research a couple years ago after a colleuage revealed her secrets (she is a JW too). Anyway im not at all against someone having beliefs, thats what makes us human right?

But im not sure what will happen to my partner now because we agreed to continu our realationship and she has returned to her family in france to face the music... however she wants to repent the bad things done while here and be a good JW again. I'v read so much information about rejection from the congregations and 'disfellowshipping' and im really worried for her. Its her life and i dont really want to change her, but im a little affraid she might not hav any choice in the matter when the jury hand down there verdic in 2 weeks time.

I shouldn't tell too much personal stuff in public so if anyone can help send me an email.

cheers

i should reiterate that we are happily 'together' but there are obviously lots of things to work out before we meet again.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit
    repent the bad things done while here and be a good JW again.

This right here leaves you two options...

1. convert to JW (big mistake, with reasons so numerous I couldn't try to list them, though someone here probably might)
    2. or plan on finding a new girlfriend

edited to add that no "good JW" can have a relationship with a "moral Catholic"....first sarcastic quotations mine, second sarcastic quotations a JWs.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

If she's a devout Jehovah's Witness (so to speak), you're in for trouble. It sounds like she is still under their control, which means you should give this relationship some serious thought.

• wvpeach
    wvpeach

Thats not true, I am happily married to a Jehovah's Wittness.

I have never felt any pressure to convert to his denomination.

If you love the girl it can be worked out and Kingdom halls are filled with people married to people of other denominations.

So if its love. Don't let it go.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

WVpeach, are you an approved associate? Do you believe in what the Witnesses teach?

• penny2
    penny2

Hi Micko and welcome to JWD!!

We are mostly ex-JWs here or on the way out. We are not aligned with any group or organisation.

Sorry to say this but when your GF is back in France facing the music, they may tell her that a sign of her repentance will be that she has nothing further to do with you. Then it will be up to her to make a choice. It's hard to trade your family, friends and everything you've ever known for one person on the other side of the world.

penny2 (another Aussie)

• wvpeach
    wvpeach

I do not know what a approved associate is,.

I believe in Jesus Christ the savior and in God along with his Holy Spirit .

Have I mistakenly fallen into a JW bashing hate club?

I've been trying to find a place to contact administration to ask that question.

Can't find a place to pm or email them

I'm never interested in Gossip and slandering other christians , and the Jehovah's Wittness's are just that .

They are my christiand brothers and sisters, just like the methodists or the baptists .

Pick your denomination and you'll find christian brothers and sisters there including the Jehovahs Wittness's

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Pick your denomination and you'll find christian brothers and sisters there including the Jehovahs Wittness's

The Jehovah's Witnesses believe more in the Governing body then they do Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit