Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-12-06 WT Study (COURAGE/LOVE)

by blondie 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen

Yah they do like to use some sterling examples but meanwhile the fact remains that this person in a wheel chair is not getting any assitance .Sure somebody is getting eaten by a shark but to push this girl around in a wheel chair is too much . Then she makes it sound like it's a joy but in reality is probly being pushed into doing it . I do just hate the way they lay all sorts of magazine duties on women , there's nothing in the bible that says women have to do anything .Certianly not somebody in a wheel chair.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Thanks Blondie,

I have enjoyed your assessment very much.

par 1/2: Did the workers who got killed in the 9/11 attackes also acted on impulse? They have put their lives in harmsway to just save others.Does that count as well?

par 4: it´s not knowledge but action - only through love can God be known.

par 8: I thought only experienced christians living up to the requirements in Timothy were to be appointed as elders?....

I thought I was taught that dedication to God is a prerequisite for babtism? Or is there only a dedication when being inaugurated as elder?

par 11/12: Satan has a enormous experience with the human mind. Is he not aware of the response to persecution? Why would he do it? Of course. He stupid. right. Reasons for hating yourself. ....rather contradictory to Jesus´commandments in Mark 12:30,31....

par 13: What is positive group pressure? When being pressured to be babtized at age 12? Do more FS, quit your fulltime job to simplify your life?

par15/16: where did she get that nice wheelchair from. It must have cost a fortune (GDP per capita = $ 900,= with a poverty rate of 86% and unemployment of 50% and inflation of 18%). Question: Do they let this poor lady go all by herself in the FS that she needs to go on all 4? Really, love in action.

Comment heard on the meeting:

When going in the FS we are busy with some elses problems and are therefore saved from our own problems.

Unbelievable!

Cheers

Borgia

• DoubleYouBee
    DoubleYouBee

"5) In his final prayer with his 11 faithful apostles, Jesus showed the connection between knowing God and growing in love, saying: "I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them." (John 17: 26) Jesus helped his disciples to develop the kind of love that existed between him and his Father, revealing both by word and by example what God's name represents-God's wonderful qualities. Hence, Jesus could say: "He that has seen me has seen the Father also." John 14:9, 10; 17:8.

Revealing both by word and by example

'Borgia's' right - it is love in action that is the one defining mark, which was always Jesus' point.

If Jesus was so concerned about making God’s name known, why did he not use it in this prayer? Why did he not use it in the Lord’s prayer? Where did he address God as anything except "Father"?"

That seems out of place.... Why did they stick that reference to God's name in there? One cannot 'know God' without knowing love... Oh, I get it - anyone who does NOT know His name cannot really love in truth - so they're 'countefeit Christians'.... oh, brother....

I have A friend still in... whose life has been totally, irreparably screwed-up by those loving elders decisions... and she voiced the same dark thoughts - that FS was her reason for waking-up - telling people about God's name is her purpose and the only thing that brings her any joy, and , as 'Borgia' brought up - she is so busy 'doing God's will' that she doesn't have time to ponder her own situation. The elders that rail-roaded her life right off a cliff cannot even look her in the eyes(what amazing love) - and she feels sorry for them! She undoubtedly suffered through this study - although I told her it would probably be best to miss this one... I hope she did...

Thank you again, Blondie! An excellent idea for a CD - you've compiled quite a store-house of information and references - let me know, I'll buy one!

ps - Are you really in fiordy Finland?

~Peace~ WB

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Thanks for your comments Blondie!

I am getting quite sick of seeing how the writer talks to the reader in these article's, its like some sort of religious self help book, and yet we dont know who writes it and what qualifications they have. All we do know is it becomes approved by the GB, who as a group continue to show they blind the minds of their followers. They simply demand obedience, and guilt people into complying.

CS 101

• heathen
    heathen
    I am getting quite sick of seeing how the writer talks to the reader in these article's, its like some sort of religious self help book,

more like another guilt trip . They go from one exreme to another , guilt trip to new orders making demands .Do more , we've told you stories that are unverfiable about people that have disability , we can't even produce a picture of these people but now it's time for you to feel more obligated because you have a car and can walk upright .........blah blah next week is probly , do more or satan will get you and God will kill you .blah blah.......... actually there's some of that in this article as well .

• wvpeach
    wvpeach

I know lots of jehovah's Wittness's as a matter of fact I've been married to one for seven years.

I am also a student of denominations. I have studied them all . In all denominations if you look for it , you'll find some blow harts that claim to be speaking for God himself. In all denominations you'll find people who havn't go a clue what the bible really says. In all denominations you'll find things they tell you , not to do or you'll end up in hell.

The Jehovah's Wittness's are no different than any other denomination , they all have quirks.

Take the catholics, you can't be married in the church if your divorced , but if your lucky enough to know a priest who will anull your marriage you can remarry in the church. I've seen that happen after the people were married 40 years and had two grown daughters. How could that marriage be null and void?

Don't know if most of you have decided you are no longer religious period . If so thats okay, but just a little FYI .

If you are still religous , just decided the JW's are not the church you want to attend, and have picked another faith.

Then I would be a little careful were I you. I assure you it will not go unnoticed by God that christian's are slandering fellow christians and that after all if what the JW's are , our brothers and sisters in christ . Everybody should be working together , not aginst each other, IMHO

• Zico
    Zico

Heathen,

'Do more , we've told you stories that are unverfiable about people that have disability , we can't even produce a picture of these people'

They do actually have a picture of the disabled woman in the Mag, but I agree with you about it being used just as a guilt trip.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

MV Peach, Ask your husband his opinion on whether there is any denomination that is ordained by God. Or 'perfect' as the case may be. You can bet your bippy he is convinced that he is in it. He also hopes that you will be spared the fate of other non-JWs by your close association with him. Have you ever asked him what his religion says will happen to all non-Jehovah's Witnesses?

• parakeet
    parakeet

wvpeach: "I am also a student of denominations. I have studied them all ..... I would be a little careful were I you. I assure you it will not go unnoticed by God that christian's are slandering fellow christians and that after all if what the JW's are , our brothers and sisters in christ ."

• jgnat
    jgnat

A couple questions, wvpeach.

1. Have you studied the house church movement? Quakers?
    2. It is obvious that the JW's are not Orthodox Christians. From some of your comments, I assume you aren't either. What is the identifying mark that you use to identify which denomination is Christian, which is not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit