would you call someone or go to their house to discuss concerns with WT?

by truthsearcher 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks for your reply, Gary.

I know I enjoyed reading your accounts on Randy's page when I first became aware of the hideous cult that I had given my life up for.

Along with my thanks to Gary---I want to also say thanks to ones like Skally, Carla, Jim W, Danny, and my dear friend Mouthy for having the courage needed to do so much more than write a few lines on a discussion board and vent about the way we are treated due to leaving the WTS.

BRAVO to you ALL!

hugs,

Annie

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous
    How about before you had officially left--would you have talked to a live person about why you had lost faith in the organization?

I actually did this. I made an appointment to speak with a close family friend about my shock at realizing the problems with the "no blood" issue. At one point, I started bawling because I was overwhelmed thinking of all the people who had died, all the families broken apart, all the suffering over a stance which continued to change and contradict itself while still ruining lives.

The elder's response: 'I don't understand why you're so upset. You've never lost anyone because of the blood issue, have you? You're so emotional over this, I worry it might affect your faith.'

Let's just say I had one more reason to leave the Org when I left his house that day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit