Man turns himself in to authorities, confesses to committing alleged crime!

by Atlantis 21 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Please delete if already posted!

http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006611090326 Man turns himself in to authorities, confesses to committing alleged crime
    By LAURA DUNCAN
    [email protected]

HURRICANE - Police have arrested a man who walked into Purgatory Correctional Facility and allegedly confessed to sexually abusing children.

Nestor Jesus Cabada, 37, allegedly walked into Purgatory and told authorities he had sexually abused two children over a period of three years, according to a press release by Washington City Police Chief Jim Keith.

Washington City police were notified when Cabada allegedly confessed because the events were said to have taken place in Washington City, where Cabada was a resident. Keith said the department would like to refrain from disclosing any information about Cabada's alleged victims, including his relationship with them.

Lt. Jake Adams, with the Washington County Sheriff's Office, said Cabada claimed he was "devastated and miserable" during his interview. Adams said Cabada, a Jehovah's Witness, was urged to come forth from someone at his church.

Cabada was charged with 10 counts of sodomy of a child and four counts of aggravated sexual abuse. He was booked into Purgatory on $280,000 bail.

Nevada-

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well, this a rarity, a jw actually confessing, and being encouraged to do so. I wonder how long it will be before he's df'd? I imagine his elders may want to distance themselves from him asap.

Thanks Atlantis, good find.

• vitty
    vitty

And whoever encouraged him to go to the police, needs a pat on the back...............but I wonder what would have happened if hed ignored that person

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

fullofdoubtnow:

vitty:

Thank you! They will probably view his turning himself into the authorities as "repentance" and he will be right back out in the field service in no time at all!

Nevada-

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

NOW ON THE NEWS WIRE WHERE EVERYONE WILL SEE IT

Admitted Sex Offender Walks Into Jail With Confession comment box post yours
    KSL-TV, UT -13 minutes ago
    ... Lt. Jake Adams, who speaks Spanish, took aside the man, who said a Jehovah's Witness clergyman had urged him "get right with God.". ...    Admitted Sex Offender Walks Into Jail With Confession November 12th, 2006 @ 2:08pm SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- A man who walked into a southern Utah jail to confess he had sexually abused two girls was put behind bars and faces more than a dozen felony charges. Authorities said they corroborated the allegations with victims in Hurricane and Washington city. Deputies say Nestor Cabada walked into the lobby of the Washington County jail on Tuesday asking to speak to someone in authority. Lt. Jake Adams, who speaks Spanish, took aside the man, who said a Jehovah's Witness clergyman had urged him "get right with God." Cabada began confessing so quickly, Adams had to cut him off to read his Miranda rights. "Then we started over," the lieutenant said. "He made reference to being worried about his eternal soul for what he had done. I don't know if he wanted to get help for himself. I get the sense he wanted his victims to have access to help," Adams said. "He wanted to make things better generally." Cabada was jailed in lieu of $280,000 bail and formally charged in court Wednesday on 13 felony counts of rape of a child, sodomy on a child and aggravated sex abuse of a child. A public defender entered not-guilty pleas on his behalf, and Cabada is due to appear in court Monday for a preliminary hearing. "I think it's noble and courageous what he did," Adams said. "I think that whatever he gets as far as justice is what he deserves." ------ http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=205 CONTACT NEWS DESK

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Admitted Sex Offender Walks Into Jail With Confession
    A man who walked into a southern Utah jail to confess he had sexually abused two girls was put behind bars and faces more than a dozen felony charges.
    1 hour, 2 minutes ago

• DannyHaszard
  • moshe
    moshe

Unless I missed it, it didn't say he was a JW. -maybe he was associating or studying with JW's and he confessed to them about what he had done. I'm hoping for a new wind to blow into town and the KH will turn all the pedophiles in, if they don't turn themselves in first.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Is an active Jehovah's Witnesses pedophile

Lt. Jake Adams, with the Washington County Sheriff's Office, said Cabada claimed he was "devastated and miserable" during his interview. Adams said Cabada, a Jehovah's Witness,was urged to come forth from someone at his church.

• sf
    sf

County Sheriff's Office PUBLIC PROFILE:

http://washeriff.net/reports/booking/book.html?&MMN_position=2:2

CABADA, NESTOR JESUS
    Birth Date: 03/25/69
    Address : 1143 E PIN VALLEY ST, Washington, UT

Arrest Time/DateArrested ByAgency
    14:03:16 11/07/06 Thompson, Ken HCPD

StatuteOffenseClassCourtRequired BondAmt.Paid
    76-5-403.1 SEX OFF- SODOMY-CHILD 1F 5DIS 20000.00 [No Payments Made]
    76-5-404.1(4) SEX OFF- AGG SEX ABUS 1F 5DIS 20000.00 [No Payments Made]