My heart hurt today at all the wasted years in the ORG.

by purplesofa 27 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor
    Now i have spent 20 years moving absolutely no where. It is so clear to me now. How screwed up JW thinking is. I am almost shocked today at this realization. It hit my heart today. and it hurt deeply.......that I believed and lived such an isolated, confusing, rigid lifestyle

Purps I feel the same, they destroyed my childhood, took away my family from me and almost cost me my life. Today I can't even beging to comprehend how on earth I allowed all of that to happen. It really hurts like hell sometimes on a very deep, deep level. But there is a growning determination in me to use what I know and help those who are as confused now as I was back then.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I think what is most difficult is how unnecessary many of the choices and decisions and lifestyle we were living.

Maybe I expected too much.........didnt give it enough, or I am just not suitable to be one of God's people.

I really think the witnesses are so judgemental and cranky.....backbiting and mean sometimes......because they really DONOT believe in GOD. That they really do not leave things up to Jehovah. And the things they should be concerned about.....no matter what your beliefs in god are (child molestation) they sweep under the rug.

I am tired today. I did not sleep well. I am too damaged to even think about a religion.

I can't and won't blame all my problems on the JW religion. But I do feel as though I take responsibility for what I decided to do......have to look at my errors and move on.

I just harbor bad feelings for the counsel handed down to us from the Governing Body or whoever it is/was that denied us the full right to education. For putting it in my mind when my children were very little that the need for education was not that important. And I raised them that way.......and did not do anything like that for myself.

I did not let them play sports(4 boys too) I let my daughter join a swim team and felt like it was a awful worldly thing to do. I let her join Girl Scouts and fretted over it and I was even DF at the time.

Not that it really would have made any difference........but looking back at my marriage, My husband had a drinking problem, an addiction...still does.....but when I was learning the truth I was so focused on him accepting it........him not accepting it became the problem. When really, possibly if he had gone to something like AA, that may have given him and my family the help that they needed.

I wasted so much of my life living in fear it was unbelievable.

I have read so many posts of people feeling damaged........and I would think alot, I dont think I am that bad........I was really in denial, fooling myself. I am only just now coming out of denial, and its a full two years of no meetings.

blah blah blah..........I am really thinking outloud

purps

• codeblue
    codeblue

Purps...my heart aches for you

You have a pm...

• lowden
    lowden

I often think of the 'wasted' years.

But is 'wasted' the right word, or indeed the right way to look upon our stint in the WTS??

Purps me dear, i've been where you've been and you are at the moment and i'm comig to the conclusion....'NO MORE WASTED ENERGY'!!!!!

Our energies are being 'wasted' when we let the WTS needle us.

Our journeys are all different but we all obviously needed to exorcize something out of our systems. IMO it's part of our path, our polishing. Consider yourself a better polished human being. One that is a finer vintage, one that is an inspiration to others, one that KNOWS better than many, the poisonous pitfalls of giving your freewill over to another entity.

Personally, i'm starting to rise ABOVE the negativity. Listen kid, i have to, you have to, we all have to rise so high above the dead and festering mess that the WTS is. Or else they win!!!!!!!

Shake off your chrysalis girl.

Much Peace and Love

Lowden

• Gill
    Gill

I know! (((((( Purps ))))))

HOWEVER! It's time to move on.

I think I've learned something from the experience.

I certainly wouldn't be here chatting with all of you on the board if it wasn't for the WTBTS! I love every moment I get to spend on this board and know that life has dealt me and mine a hefty learning experience, and costly too!

So here's to YOU WTBTS!!!!! UP YOURS!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I want to thank everyone for their kind comments and pm's.

I am over that "crisis" for now and looking forward. I am sure we can all look back on our lives and have regrets. It does not have to be just being in a freaky religion.

I still have alot of life ahead of me, and I look forward to enjoying it and my family.

I needed to go through that pain, and it really did hurt and I am sure it will surface again. When it does I will have a better understanding of the feelings, feel them and go on.

It is nice to be able to express oneself here at this board and get such care and encouragement. I appreciate everyone here. Thanks so much.

purps

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Mormonism?..There's a video out called, "DNA vs Book of Mormon." Many of the mormons who deal with DNA left the church(LDS) because they discovered the BOM lied to them....Joe Smith was a fraud...

• RevFrank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit