Beard

by zeb 12 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I have had my beard for the past 22 years and would feel naked without it.

Remember when the J Dubs shaved the beard off Jesus ? LOL

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I started growing one even before I faded, 'cause I'd always thought it was a stupid rule.

Interestingly, I never really got shit for it, either.

Compliments, actually; most JW women seemed to like it. One elder's wife told me I "finally looked like a man" (I've always looked younger than my actual age).

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

This with a beard and or a moustache…

I remember an elderly meeting after an assembly where the Co, s and the area overseers where participating. I think we were over 50 elders, and the report from the income and comments of the success from the assembly were discussed when the area oversees suddenly took up a BIG problem. One of the elders, a person I did know personally, over 70 years of age, grey haired and very gentlemanly dressed, had grown a moustache?!! A little grey very sober, even sometimes very difficult to observe moustache that looked very nicely upon him. The Co,s and the area overseer, raged upon him, and the atmosphere in the meeting was totally a disaster. Nobody dared to take the old man’s part. But after the meeting several of us other elderly contacted him and some of us even gave him a hug, encourage him to even grow the moustache greater. This was in the midst of the 80,ths. I still feel ashamed, that I didn´t stood up and defended the man that I in fact admired a lot, and

oftened, invited to my own congs.s to held speeches.

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit