If you didn't vote yesterday, why not? (I didn't)

by AlmostAtheist 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Here ya go, Jeff:

And don't sweat it, Good Girl, I was going to vote the opposite of you anyway, so we cancelled each other out. ;-)

SB, at the bottom of the screen when you're reading a thread, there's a "new topic" link next to the reply link. Click that and you'll enter a new topic. Keep in mind it will be in the same category as the one you're reading. (This one is in the Friends category, but probably shoulda been in the politics one... maybe you should ask somebody smarter than me!) Welcome to JWD!

Dave

• jaded
    jaded

I feel that politics has gotten to the point where I would be voting for the lesser of two evils. Also, I would never vote for someone who bashes their opponent. That leaves nobody to vote for. As for the issues, they are so confusing that your "yes" vote might really mean "no" and vice versa. I'm just glad the circus is over. I've seen more than enough of the mudslinging commercials and the gaudy yard signs.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I voted. I had to back up around the freaking block to do it at 6:30 pm, but I got in! yeah!!

• willyloman
    willyloman

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

End of story.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I voted.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

"my boyfriend asked me why i didn't vote. i almost cried and said "because i've been told its wrong my entire life, it's an issue i havn't addressed yet and don't have any opinions on and i don't know anything about politics or people running for office or what office does what". then he asked if i was registered to vote. I said "no". "what!"...AGAIN, i've always been told if i register to vote i will die. it's not something that comes naturally to me. SB" Don't worry, SB, we understand your feelings about it. That's precisely how I feel about all of this stuff that I was told ALL MY LIFE practically everyday that it was WRONG WRONG WRONG. It's hard to undo those feelings. Time will heal you. And anyone who has not gone through it, no matter how well-meaning, will never understand. Let your boyfriend support you in other areas of your life, and come here to vent when things that are unique to growing up JW appear. Oh yeah, and WELCOME to JWD! :-) Good Girl/Bad Girl

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

What willyloman said . . .

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Don't sweat it SB, you'll have another chance in two years. Welcome to the board.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I did vote.

In Michigan, you register to vote at the Secretary of States office, which is the place in your town where you get your driver's license and license plates. They send you a card with the location where you should vote. Mine is right across and down the street, less than a block away. It takes about 20 minutes to vote, sometimes less.

I voted because I feel President Bush doesn't need to go two more years with unchecked power. Now with a democratic congress and probably a democratic senate, he will have to behave better. I look forward to a solution for the Iraq war and a good plan. I look forward to lower gas prices, eventually and hopefully a good start on universal health care. I look forward to the democrats stopping the unchecked republicans from continuing to wage war on the middle class and poor.

This was an historic election day and I am glad to have done my patriotic chore. I am a patriot of the people, no matter what country they come from.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I voted and I got one of those cute stickers :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit