The Best movie I have seen this year "The Sercet"

by new boy 21 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

When I think about all the money I have wasted in my life. As in thousands of gallons of gas in field service.------------and people are upset about 15-30 bucks for something that could make there life better.--------------------

• Balsam
    Balsam

me to me to........I totally agree

I want to see Conversations with God probably will have to buy the DVD.

I just love all this positive minded thinking. And it truely works.

Ruth

• Brigid
    Brigid

Newboy,

People either get it or they do not. It really does not require any expenditure of money to know the secret. However, I bought the DVD and quite enjoy it as a reinforcement of things that I already know. It's not a personal affront to you or anyone, if they don't wish to purchase this or do not see the value in it. Daystar's point is well taken. The "knowledge" cannot be bought with money, because the Truth is, even if one who is not ready purchases and views it (or receives it for free), it would be lost on them anyway.

I am glad it was not lost on you and you found the DVD useful and enlightening.

Love and Light,

~Brigid

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I agree that positive thinking works or helps. You can read the biographies of many a famous person who became successful in whatever they were reaching for, and their focus and positive can-do attitude was a defining characterisic in why they accomplished what they set out to do.

But what about when bad things happen? Did you really attract that? If someone decides to get drunk and crashes into your car, did you attract that? Or are you just the unfortunate victim of somebody else's attraction to drinking and driving?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Visualizing success can only take one so far. While I do agree we have the capability, within certain parameters, of creating our own heaven or hell, there are very real outside forces that can, and sometimes, do change that heaven into a hell.

Case in point is a small child, an innocent wide-eyed child who sees the world through only positive eyes. And yet if the ultimate evil were to touch that child, and that child were to be assaulted, either physically or sexually, how did that child "create" that scenario?

Forgive me, but to my somewhat ignorant ears, this places a great deal of blame and/or responsibility on a child who had no concept of sex, much less that level of violence.

And realize too, that assault(s) reverberate for years, if not decades. Again, I am just not willing to accept responsibility for someone else's monstrous evil. The reality is that evil leaves a scar that is unseen by others but affects the victim.

Thinking positive is great, and I truly support the mindset, but it does not erase evil, nor does it get rid of the cold dread at 2 o'clock in the morning.

Try it.

Chris

• daystar
    daystar

Case in point is a small child, an innocent wide-eyed child who sees the world through only positive eyes. And yet if the ultimate evil were to touch that child, and that child were to be assaulted, either physically or sexually, how did that child "create" that scenario?

Forgive me, but to my somewhat ignorant ears, this places a great deal of blame and/or responsibility on a child who had no concept of sex, much less that level of violence.

This sort of thing is precisely why I have such a problem with the concept of Karma so popular in the west today. I've had discussions with believers on this sort of thing.

I can imagine they would say that such a child must be paying off Karma from a previous life, that they must have lived, perhaps, as an abuser themselves in a previous life. I find this to be utter horse$h1t.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

The secret is to find someone who owns The Secret so that you don't have to pay to get it, that way, if you still don't get it even after you've watched it at least you didn't pay for not getting anything, right?

I watched this movie for the first time yesterday. It makes sense, but doesn't take into consideration the projected realities of the people around you.

It is a fact that some people really want to be able to harm others or really get satisfaction from controlling and demonstrating power over others, these people attract into their life what it is they really want, too. Sometimes what they want can have a devastating impact on others, particularly others who are not yet choosing what to attract into their own lives.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• mama1119
    mama1119

I have heard great things about the movie. My friend owns it, she is going to let me borrow it. We'll see!!!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Is the real secret of The Secret that you put the word "secret" in whatever you're plugging so people will feel enticed to buy it?

I watched this movie for the first time yesterday. It makes sense, but doesn't take into consideration the projected realities of the people around you. It is a fact that some people really want to be able to harm others or really get satisfaction from controlling and demonstrating power over others, these people attract into their life what it is they really want, too. Sometimes what they want can have a devastating impact on others, particularly others who are not yet choosing what to attract into their own lives.

Exactly.

• cellomould
    cellomould

I'm not going to spoil the movie...however, if you are curious about the concepts of the movie, do view some of the material at the links for the 'secret teachers' <http://www.thesecret.tv>...I came across something amazing...there has been research showing that a certain density of meditators in a certain metropolitan area during a certain time period has coincided with a reduction in crime and/or violence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit