Now this really irritates me

by startingover 13 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

Regarding my continuing to get emails from this guy, he has no idea I am not a JW, I'm sure he assumes I am. One of the reasons I like to keep getting them is that my wife tries to downplay ridiculous JW thinking when I point it out to her, and his emails prove this stuff exists. Believe me, more than once I was tempted to start bombarding him with apostate stuff from another email address.

Some more from the last email for your viewing pleasure:

GREAT EXPERIENCES........ Just got this! Enjoy! Hawaii: Yesterday, after covering two territories with Tract #37, another sister and I made a return visit on a woman named Ruth whom I have been calling on for about seven years. Always takes the magazines and enjoys reading them; has seen one of the blood videos (which definitely changed her thinking on that subject), saw the video on "Jehovah's Witnesses, The Name Behind the Organization" and was amazed at how international we are. She never heard of JW's until she moved to Hawaii in the 1950's, from Indiana. Ruth is in her 70's; a very active woman, a widow with several adult children. A strong advocate of defending your country, voting, going real big on the holidays, etc. etc. We have had some amazing conversations. She has told me many times that I am the topic of conversation with her friends and family. However, I have never been able to get a bible study going, not even a door-step because of the fact that she is always on the go. Visits her daughter (w/3 small children, whom she adores) in LA at least every month. Another daughter works for an airlines......

Anyhow, I did not ask if she had received her tract (even though I knew that the territory where she lives had already been covered). During our conversation on another subject, Ruth brought up having received the tract and what happened:

She was on the telephone talking to someone in Texas when her doorbell rang. She excused herself to answer the door and a Witness gave her the tract saying that this work was being done all over the world during the same period of time. When she returned to her telephone, the person in Texas was interrupted by her doorbell. When they resumed their conversation, they discovered that each had received the tract at about the same time (one in Hawaii and the other in Texas!!!!). Ruth said it gave her "chicken skin"!!!! The Hawaiian expression for "goose bumps"!!!!

Then Ruth said that, while in Los Angeles at the Children's Hospital where one of her grandchildren was being treated, she watched a video (in the room) about one of JW's refusing a blood transfusion, the reasons as well as the alternative treatment and how successful it was.

I have invited her several times to our Memorial, as well as the KH as well as trying to get a bible study going. I refuse to give up!!!!! Will be seeing her next Wednesday (since she will be around for another couple of weeks) and am determined to get into the BT book. Local experience: Wed. in the tract work we were working on Wynbridge and an older sister with us, who has difficulty in walking, insisted she wanted to continue working even though she was obviously walking in pain. We invited her to stay in the car as the rest of us would finish the street. She continued on and called at a door and was greeted by a woman who was crying and wiping her eyes. She took the tract. Then the sister asked her is there anything I can do since you seem upset. She replied "right before you rang the doorbell I was praying for guidance because of the way things are going in the world". An RV was setup. experience from Guam

Tanya writes: This happened Wednesday, October 18th.

The brother who did the meeting for field service asked us how do we determine interest to call back on in our Special Campaign work? Well, I thought there is no way. Because all the householders just took it, some may have said 'Thank You' and I left.

Well, Jehovah quickly straightened out my thoughts on that point.

A little after noon Joel and I were working together and I didn't even see this house,

when he asked "Are we going to do this house?" "Where?" I said. There he showed me a house set back in the jungle and it looked abandoned. When I mentioned that Joel said, "But there are clothes on the line." "OK let's go." (Later we found out the group ahead of us had skipped this house thinking no one lived there). As we got close to the house a dog popped out from under an abandoned car and started barking a warning at us. We stopped and started calling out when more dogs shot out from under the house, which was up on about 4 foot stilts. We could hear sounds in the house so we kept on calling out for sometime, making our calls between the barks of about 5 dogs at this point. Finally we decided to retreat when the door suddenly opens and puppies started pouring out of the house. We try to approach the lady as a dog with hair raised on his back defended the front steps. The lady apologizes for the dogs and cames partially down the step. We gave the brief presentation and I hand her the tract. She asks "Do you have Bible study every day?" Surprised but trying to act calm, I reply "We offer it to you in your home at your convenience." "Where are your meetings?" "Right near the High School" (which is about 5 minutes from her house). So I arranged to call back in a couple of days.

Today Friday, October 20th, Donna and I stopped by and we drove in honked and called Leticia's name, out she came and wading thru the dogs I made it up the steps and showed her the Bible Teach book. We read the introduction offered the study and a Bible which she accepted. Then we concluded with inviting her to the Book study tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. so we will be picking her up then, Jah's willing. Let you know how that goes and thought we'd invite her to the meeting on Sunday as well. (End of letter from Paraguay and assorted other places)

You may find a place where you would like to move to help -- in the mountains. Here is a letter that is very descriptive:

Trinidad, Colorado, is a beautiful town and the altitude is 6000 feet. I've been very busy here in service. I am a regular auxiliary pioneer, but that isn't going to work. I already have my time in for the month and will probably finish the month with 85-90 hours. I'm going to apply for regular pioneering for November.

I went to the Trinidad Correctional Facility (prison) Wednesday for the book study, and it was a wonderful experience. It took about a month to get clearance from the state of Colorado. But the men there are very serious and it's a wonderful study. So yesterday I started after the service meeting at 9:00 AM and got back to the Kingdom Hall about 8:30 PM. Monday I was finished at 7:30 PM. This town has an exceptional response rate and there is plenty to do to keep busy.

My first Bible study attended last Sunday and said he plans to attend every Sunday from now on. He is the best study I've ever had - what a gift from Jehovah!

So far I've placed over 60 KN #37's and figure I'll do about 250-300. The response is surprising: about 1 out of 10 doors where people are home turn it down. The rest accept with everyone, almost without exception, saying "Thank you". Not what I expected, but with Jehovah behind it I think people around here are fed up with religion and are having their eyes opened. So the message is well received.

Today I had two outstanding conversations during the campaign placements and plan to see both of them Monday. Another pioneer and I have so many RV's that we decided that every morning, regardless of what else is happening, we do door to door (except during the campaign). Otherwise we could get into the habit of RV's and Bible studies but no door to door. We could easily use two more regular pioneers here.

Interestingly, there are 19 church buildings for sale in this county. And all but one catholic church has closed their doors. Yet most people claim to be catholic, mostly because they were born into it. It's quite easy to talk with them as they are completely unfamiliar with the Bible. And they are responding. Our congregation has about 70 publishers, yet every Sunday over 100 attend. Even on Thursday more than 70 attend. These Friends take their meetings seriously. (End of letter from Colorado)

A brother who is a good friend in the African land of Zambia just wrote a note (finally!!) and he included a wonderful experience that helps all of us. See if you do not agree. This is from his letter: Perhaps I can relate an experience that highlights the value of following Jehovah’s counsel. In the world, when someone attacks you, people seems to be justified to hit back. Jehovah on the other hand says that we should ‘turn the other cheek’. Does this work? A brother in Zambia showed patience with someone who attacked him verbally. Up north of our country there is a lake called fairly big Bangweulu. There is no organized water transport between the different islands and harbors. Private individuals operate boats and if you wanted to cross the lake you had to go on one of these boats. One day, a brother got into a boat that was to pass through an Island to another side of the lake. Whilst on the boat, he decided to witness informally. But when he tried to speak to one passenger a lady, she got back at him with verbal attacks. She used a word “Ata se”. We use the expression to chase a dog away. The brother did not seek revenge with counter words. He instead kept quiet. As they approached an island on the way, the owner of the boat demanded that all should pay their fare. What the lady did not know is that the fare had been changed! She did not have enough to cover the cost of the trip. So the owner of the boat told the lady that they were going to leave her at this island. The lady was in distress. No one in the boat was willing to help her. But then, the brother, whom she had insulted, stood up and paid the balance on her fare. She could not believe it. When they reached their harbor, she apologized and asked the brother to give her the tract. She also obtained additional literature. Arrangements were made for a return visit and a Bible study. Today, this lady is a baptized sister. Jehovah has been very reasonable in his dealings with us. He does not hit back every time we do what is wrong. Should we not treat others the same way? (End of letter from Zambia)

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

This SIster sounds like a God Warrior!

Everyone is "Dark sided!" She must distribute the Kingdom NEWS!!!! God will only reward her for her bravery.

Someone with scruples at last!

Laud our God, Laud Jehovah God....

W.Once

• nelly136
    nelly136

those 'experiences' sound like variations of the same ones they were spouting 20 years ago when i was a dub, cept the blood video playing in the hospital....how tasteful lol

same shit different day.

• hambeak
    hambeak

What Nelly said ditto

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit