A Video Shunning Xperience....

by AK - Jeff 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Gordy
    Gordy

I was in the shopping centre the other day and spotted an Elder walking towards me. This is a guy who I had known for 25 years when a JW. We were Min Servants together and often did field service together. Great friends with my children as well. He became an Elder after I left.

Anyway he hadn't spotted me. Then he does! Talk about the look of a rabbit caught in the headlights. If I had been in a car he would be roadkill. In one smooth movement he turns and at same time "answers" his mobile phone. If only they could see themselves.

I just burst out laughing. People round me must have thought I was the mad one.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I have a 'no shunning policy' on the books. Those that violate it get embarrassed in public along with their religion

Good policy Jeff. I've been saying a cheery "good morning" to the jw at work just lately, and she has mumbled an answer, but looked at me as if she could knife me every time I've done it. Refusing to accept being shunned might just resonate with some of them, and make them think how pathetic a rule it really is.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

A close family member was officially shunned by a different cult, but she continued to just show up at her parents and siblings houses, who although they wouldn't invite her in, ended up talking to her on the doorstep. She would also call on the telephone (before the era of spy phones) and just pretend that the shunning wasn't happening. They eventually all left the cult and realized how unloving it was, yes, and asked forgiveness for all those years of inflicted pain, admitting that they were in turmoil the whole time about the shunning, but submitted to the rules.

• RAZORMIND55
    RAZORMIND55
    fornicatrix

I love it

har dee har har

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

luvvvvvv your writing....

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear AK Jeff,

Your post is a reminder that I have forgotten to take my Saw Palmetto for a few days. Last visit to THAT medical office found me with the lowest PSA score in years! Thank you very much, indeed. Oh, while I am neither DF'd nor DA'd, merely inactive, I do attempt to speak to those who shun me for their own personal reasons. The pain is not so intense as it once was. While I am a "son," I have discovered that I am not the center of the universe and no longer need to be the friend of all. That realization is humbling yet calming.

Yours truly,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit