Well that was weird!

by mama1119 15 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

I heard a knock at the door just now and I open it up and its a lady, all by herself with a folder. She tells me she is doing volunteer work along with thousands of other people around the world to help mankind. She says volunteers have been sent out into all parts of the worls, including the jungle, Eygpt and the Middle East...yes, the jungle. She says she has a flyer explaining her work, pulls it out and its the false religion tract...I said: "Oh, so you are a Jehovahs Witness" and she said, " Well yes, but not in the religious way" What the heck does that mean???? And I said "Well, I am what you would consider an apostate." She replies" Well do you feel differently knowing I am just a volunteer". I said no...I said I have seen the tract several times already and it held no interest for me. She said thats impossible, I just got this tract 2 days ago, no one has seen it. I said I absolutely have seen it, I have had it left twice on my door, and my brother had one on his door last week. She maintained it was impossible so I said I had to get back to my apsostate website now.

First of all, aren''t they suppossed to go to each door in two's???

And what is with denying it is a religious tract/work.

And why the confusion on when it came out.

Where was her bible??? She only had a folder with tracts in it.

Pretty weird if you ask me.

• juni
    juni

That is strange!

There were times that I went to doors by myself cause I didn't have a partner or had to stay in the territory longer to get my "hours" in. What a dope I was.

The rest of it sounds very strange.

Juni

• Mary
    Mary

Maybe she's a Witness from a parallel universe where they work by themselves in Service and where the tract is just coming out now.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Ditto to what Juni said. They aren't required to go in pairs, but the rest of what your related is very weird - perhaps that's why she was alone - no one wanted to go to the door with a nutburger.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Strange, but at the same time that might be the tactic she developed that works for her. I work in sales, and I see people come up with odd ways to do things all the time and some times those odd ways work so well that others do them too. I was thinking, as this sounded odd to me too, that there was some points to that you mentioned that might help her to work out the discussion. At the same time, I can see the Witnesses accepting that she was lying.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hi dear!!

Well that was weird alright!! Did you recognize her?? DId you see anyone else canvasing the neighborhood besides her?? Not too smart on her part with as many creepos as there are out there!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• XU
    XU

Maybe she likes gettin it done and doesn't want a chatty pioneer shuffle partner slowing her down. Maybe she wants to warn people but doesn't buy into all the rules. maaayybeee, she's off her meds.

• moshe
    moshe

1966- I'm a JW minister- I'll study the Bible with you

1986- I'm a JW publisher- I'll sell WT literature to you

2006- I'm a JW volunteer- I'm giving away worthless tracts to everyone

2026- I'm a JW -------?

• XU
    XU

2026...I'm a JW historian- Did you know that once upon a time, people believed this.....

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

strange bird. they just lie for fun, huh. she sounds like she's lost a few marbles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit