My Ex is suicidal, apparently

by dmouse 21 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

Some of you might remember my story from years ago - how I became an 'apostate' which effectively ended my marriage of 20 years. How my wife subjected me to intense psychological abuse when I left 'the Truth'.

My son Ben, whom I love deeply, left when he was dragged into the back room and told he was being used by Satan to corrupt the congregation (he was only15) because he was gay.

My dearest middle daughter Charlotte, who has more common sense than all of us put together, 'left' on her 14th birthday. She was dragged out of the house in her bare feet to be taken to the meeting, and because I intervened I spent the next year on a camp bed in the front room.

In the end, I could not stand the abuse and left. I was being destroyed. But my children and I always kept in touch, every day. They understood why I had to do it.

Tonight, my beloved youngest daughter, Chloe (now 15), told her mother that she no longer wanted to be a Jehovah's Witness. I have been texting her, trying my best to support her. I am very proud that she has made this stand, along with her siblings. She has told me many times that she wanted to do this but has never had the courage.

I don't know what will happen with my ex wife, but she is apparently walking the streets now after saying she has no reason to carry on. In the end, even though she was so vicious to me, I still love her and feel so sorry for her. She really believes that all of her children will now die at Armageddon; her whole world has crashed around her ears because not one of her children has stayed 'in the truth'.

She has already had months off work with stress and has been sent to counseling by her employer. It is all so sad.

• buriram
    buriram

Wow that's a huge story , never read your original thread but good luck to you mate , and hope all your kids are ok.

• Warlock
    Warlock

After all that, I don't think I could feel the way you do about what would be my ex-spouse. You have a kinder heart than I do. Do what your heart tells you.

Warlock

• ballistic
    ballistic

dmouse, sorry to hear about these problems. I guess you have to count your blessings about the strong relationships you have with your children as it could have all gone the other way. I know what you mean about feeling sorry for people as I do a lot, but with my ex of a long time ago, who also had problems, we had no children and therefore now have no contact. Knowing her, she probably still is wandering the streets; I just don't know about it.

• hambeak
    hambeak

dmouse I feel for you I feel the same as warlock you have a kinder heart than I I agree do what your heart tells you but think it through. Good Luck

• Satanus
    Satanus

This just shows that 'satan and his organisation' are stronger, smarter, and more fun than 'jehovah and his organisation'. Just kidding. I understand how the lady feels, and i sympathise w her problem. But, it's her choise to see things the way that she does. I'm really happy for you, and how it's turning out for you and your kids.

S

• Ragnarökkr
    Ragnarökkr

I'll probably get shot down for saying this, even If I don't mean it, and I wouldn't want her kids to go back to the org but right now its the ex wife that needs help.

I have one word for her and anyone else feeling suicidal, The strongest word in the English language and one that gets forgotten when we really need it.

HOPE.

There is always hope, never forget it.

Ben - London

• 4JWY
    4JWY

((dmouse, Chloe, & ex))

Strong emotions evoked all because a young person is using their own brain and making a choice of free will. What your ex is feeling, is exactly what I never wanted to experience since it just seemed so wrong to me. To think that we, as dubs, should demand that our offspring follow the same spiritual path that we were on. I was only on it because it was passed down to me, and I didn't have the strength and courage that your Chloe has, to go my own way.

Before walking away from the org, now, as a parent, I was sitting at meetings telling myself over and over that it was absurd to think that any god, would expect that a parent should feel total devastation if their children did not follow the plan. I was getting more and more disgusted with the idea that it was my job to MOLD these beautiful young adults of mine to follow only one way - and to try to force them to NOT become their own individual. It is a sick cult that makes a parent go this route.

In the end, the child who was determined to be himself, brought my husband and I around full circle in our thinking, and today we are all experiencing true freedom to be who we are. I will hope for such a positive outcome with your family too.

4JWY

• luna2
    luna2

I don't think that there is much you can do for your ex, dmouse. All the people she cares about (or once cared about) have left her and her brand of worship. Maybe a break down is what is needed to get her to reevaluate her behavior... and I'm not talking about being a witness here. There are witnesses who recognize that other people have rights and, while they might be disapproving, would not manhandle their daughter in an effort to force her to a meeting nor would they kick their husband out of the bedroom for a year for not backing up their violent nastiness.

She sounds like she has a personality problem above and beyond being a JW. I think its excellent that none of you has allowed yourself to become enslaved to her will and broke away when it all became too much.

I don't wish her ill, but some things you can only do for yourself.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I really can empathasize with what your wife is going through. It seems to me there was a WT out recently on When a Loved One Leaves Jehovah. I doubt seriously it will give her any comfort.

I learned ....as I had five children, none of which are in the truth, that staying in the organization I would lose my children completely. The seperation was killing me. I would look at them and think, there is no way God could destroy these children(young adults) I felt like shutting them out was in fact Godless.

I just got home from taking my Granddaughter shopping for school uniforms. I would hate to have missed out on my time with her, because I could not accept my son not serving "Jehovah"

I thank God my kids are all healthy, and really loving and giving.......I know it is from the heart and what more could a mother want.

I hope your wife gets the help she needs........for her sake and the sake of the whole family.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit