remarriage after divorce

by luffy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    surely if his ex wife was dead he was scripturally free to marry anyway

If you are just stating the obvious to be funny, good job. Otherwise, YEAH.
    The point was that the elders have no business prying into such a situation.
    Don't give them that power. Just give them the answer that leaves no room
    for the JC to take action. Tell them proof could easily be obtained if you
    ever saw the need, then don't do so. Tell them there is no need. The burden
    of proof is on them.

• luffy
    luffy

sry On The Way Out..I really wasnt trying to be funny and apologise if it came across that way..Im just trying to find out for sure where I stand in my situation and let me assure you, last thing I feel is funny!!!!..If anyone could post the link for the BOE letter mentioned Id really appreciate it..Thanks

• Nathan Natas
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

No offense taken, feel free to ask or joke or comment.

Back to the original question, now.

Does anyone know if after divorcing a spouse for reasons other than adultery, although adultery may be suspected, if I would be free to marry a witness if my ex spouse was in a relationship or remarried someone else after the divorce..Ive heard different versions and am not sure

Again, tell them you are scripturally free to remarry, tell them you know what it means, tell them the disgusting proof could be had if you ever saw the need to do so. But no, their questions do not produce the NEED of proof. They will just have to accept your word. Don't volunteer too much info about your past and what the ex is doing, don't give his status or his address or phone number to the inquisition. Just stick with that. They will see that you don't want prying, and they will report back to the body of elders that you said it was okay, they couldn't dispute what you said. DONE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit