Making my peace with life, love and the world we live in.

by diamondblue1974 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mary
    Mary
    Love is an aspect of life which is often positive, it induces creativity, passion, trust, and friendship but on the flipside of this, it is often where we can feel at our most exposed and vulnerable. This is particularly so where historically negative people have abused our trust when we least expected it; do these experiences teach us to never trust again or do they teach us to trust only those who are trustworthy?

Unfortunately for me, it's taught me never to trust again, because it exposes you to the possibility of getting hurt. I find it extremely difficult to trust someone with my emotions for that very reason.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Unfortunately for me, it's taught me never to trust again, because it exposes you to the possibility of getting hurt

Thats a real shame Mary....but its easy done and your conclusion is easily reached in some circumstances.

DB74

• daystar
    daystar

Unfortunately for me, it's taught me never to trust again, because it exposes you to the possibility of getting hurt. I find it extremely difficult to trust someone with my emotions for that very reason.

I am much the same way. Luckily, I met a woman who saw the "real" me hiding and had the will, patience, and character to persevere. It's placed me in a very vulnerable position.

I find that I do trust her, despite myself, despite the fact that she holds my bare heart in her hands.

But, I do not extend my ultimate trust to just anyone. Generally, people must earn it through trial and through time.

• Sirona
    Sirona
    I look to my right and beside me is the one person who truly understands me, her hand is in mine and her face is full of love and strangely enough, admiration. The road ahead seems clear but she still senses my apprehension and probably feels it too.

Nothing more needs to be said between us at this point; we both put our best foot forward and cautiously but with a degree of confidence, we move on.

These were just some of the thoughts and ramblings I had as I reflected on history and consider the future ahead.

Peace and blessings

Gary

We have discussed this at length, Gary, so I don't need to add much to this thread except to say that I do love and admire you and rightly so. Our past will affect our present, but it needn't be something which creates distance, rather it can be something which creates an environment in which to be even closer.

As for the future, I too feel apprehensive but I believe in living life to its fullest. To have an amazing relationship for any length of time is a blessing; the longer the better, goddess permitting.

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Couldn't have been more wrong.

Life has taught me a lot - mostly - trust is silly.

• Sirona
    Sirona

To elaborate slightly, Diamondblue was a total compulsive liar (and still is) and I was a total fool.

Happily I'm Ok now, and we've been apart for a year. I am the mother of his child and I am happy.

How very strange to read this thread.

x

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Great thread. Thanks.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Don't mention it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bloody hell

Share this