lil ol' me

by gay pride 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hi Crystal. Welcome to the board.

I've also been enrolled into the Lifetime Shunning Program for publicly declaring that God has never had anything to do with the JW cult operated by the Watchtower Society. Got shunned and reviled Big Time on Saturday when I showed up at a JW 'Bible Study' with Watchtower publications and a list of questions for the two dub elders in attendance.

I really feel for you because you have done nothing to warrant this type of treatment, no matter what you have done.

The JW's would do well to read John 8:1-11 in a real Bible instead of their corrupt copy all bound in fake leather.

• gay pride
    gay pride

thanks for all your warm welcomes....appreciate it.

maybe one day we can be a family again...highly doubt it but guess nothings impossible. i think i've gotten to the point where it just doesnt bother me as much. still hurts but i've learned to deal with it in my own ways.

as far as the ex friend...yea she's sick. i remember the last thing i told her before they were gonna make the announcement. she hugged me one last time crying...i broke down and asked her to please take care of my brother and be the best sister she can to him. i wont be able to be there for him no more. i said i was gonna miss him and i love him. just be there for him.

i guess she misinterpreted the be there for him as being take advantage of him. stupid hoe

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hello and welcome! I really hope you stay around, there are some amazing friendships you can develop here and they will help you through the tough times.

I hope you don't mind my presumptionness but it sounds to me like you are still going through the greiving process. Of losing a belief system that you held for all your life, for losing your friends and your family members. Anger is a natural progression of greiving. And trust me when I say that we've all been through it and its perfectly normal. In my situation I found it so much easier to deal with when I came to this realisation. It just helped me see that I was normal, my feelings were justified and know what to expect.

Anyway stick around pet, looking forward to hearing more from you.

• gay pride
    gay pride

i dont know if i've really gone thru the grieving process...at first all i could do was cry for like the first couple months. after that i refuse to cry. when it hurts i do something to keep my mind off it. when i hear a song that reminds me of old times i change it. i do everything and anything not to think about it. and for the most part i keep myself so busy where my mind just doesnt wander off into old times. so thats why i say i've become so bitter...bitter to the point that i wont shed a tear. i guess thats bad...but i dont like to go into depressions. so i do my best never ever tothink of it...got no pictures or anything with old memories as far as that old life goes.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Sweetheart... Its okay to greive and to feel hurt. You just have to release those feelings. Let go of them all so you can move on. Once they've gone you can start to find out what you like, who you are and really learn to love yourself. Keeping those feelings inside of you is not going to help you, in fact they will hurt you even more.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Welcome! That's so awful how your family is treating you. It sucks to have them in a cult, doesn't it? It's someone else controlling their mind. congratulations to you for getting out. I think with time, you will be able to think of "old times" with a smile. And hopefully some people from your past will also see the "truth about the truth" and leave too. Then maybe you'll find some peace knowing you are not alone.

I just had coffee with a friend from my childhood who was DA'd. She is also gay. We had a great time remembering old times. I apologized to her for ever treating her bad, or shunning her, telling on her, etc etc. She apologized to me for some stuff too. It was a great reunion. What I'm saying is that it took us about 8 years to be able to get to that point. I know that with time you'll find peace too.

• Asheron
    Asheron

Gaypride,

Welcome!!

Always remember..Its YOUR body YOUR mind YOUR life.

My wife and I have no family as a result of daring to differ and ask questions. Stay strong and know that it gets easier as you get older but only if you stay true to yourself.

Asheron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit