Heartwarming experience from China

by What-A-Coincidence 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• parakeet
    parakeet

"But please be assured that we are working hard for Jehovah....."

They'd better be working hard. A handful of JWs to reach how many million (billion?) Chinese? They should be able to finish the job in several hundred years.

• Carmel
    Carmel

This is unadulterated BS! Having been to China several times, I know what is allowed and what is "discouraged" regarding religious gatherings, preaching and handing out literature. He did nothing to warrant the reaction claimed by the story. Just bull!

carmel

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

JW Legend stuff.

bczar

• Juniper123
    Juniper123

Yeah it's just a bit too cloak and dagger thrilling cliffhanger adventure touched by an angel ending to be true. But what does make me said is that I do believe JWs in China and third world countries would risk their lives to help each other, and spread "the truth". I makes me angry to know they're risking it for a lie, and it makes me angry that so many JWs in the English speaking world are without fail, nasty, back-stabbing, self-rightous hypocrites.

• aniron
    aniron

Yeah it sounds like one those "Look how we poor JW's are persecuted" stories. Nobody else is.

Really! I suppose all the Chinese Christians that have and are suffering under the government. Are just doing it for the fun.

• Bam412
    Bam412

What is wrong with this Chinese guy - if he does exist and not some bloke's imagination? They have an amazing religion - Taoism which is part philosophy / part religion and if there was a religion that I had to choose, this one would be in my top 3 (although I personally think religion is for people who are too scared to use their own mind). It goes back thousands of years, and this guy is choosing JW religion - sorry why? Obviously the education system isn't all it is made out to be in China!! Or this is a load of BS!!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I liked the part where he didn't want him to turn around.

I liked the part where he wanted him to bend over. Ooops! Wrong story. But someone was certainly taking it in the shorts.

Major BS alert. What a load! "What you have been doing is dangerous, but we are going to wait until you are leaving to tell you that."

• nelly136
    nelly136

yup the jw urban legends and upbuilding propaganda stories spread like wildfire, you never know where you're gonna find em next

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=1940722335

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

....and the point of this story is???

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Actually, that one might be true. Let me tell you my own, first-hand, not-from-someone's-sister's-first-cousin story: in 1971, my parents and I went on a holiday to Singapore. We were living in a small mining town in the Northern Territory of Australia, in isolated territory, so we didn't get up-to-date news on much of anything. (This was before the Internet and cell phones and all that good stuff that keeps us connected, and this little town had no TV or radio reception either.) Of course, being good little Dubs, every time we left Nhulunbuy we looked around for Witnesses to hang out with, and in Singapore Mom started witnessing to the cab driver, followed by the bellboy at the hotel, the desk clerk, and the maid. We had Watchtowers and Awakes scattered all over our hotel room. She was surprised that no one seemed to recognize the name "Jehovah's Witnesses." As soon as we got settled, we took a cab to the address of the branch office and were surprised to find it all locked up. We rattled the gate (brash Yankees that we were) and two people hesitatingly came out and said they were the caretakers of the property and they couldn't let us in because all of the missionaries had been expelled from the country.

Turns out Jehovah's Witnesses as a religion had been banned the week before! Duh! It's a wonder we didn't get arrested the way Mom was trumpeting all over the place. Anyway, the young couple who were left at the branch realized quickly that we were not dangerous, just seriously clueless, and they quietly passed the word around to the local Witnesses. We had people coming to visit us at the hotel all week! It was really cool -- they were so nice, taking us to the pasar malams (night markets) and showing us around that beautiful island. One English family kind of adopted us and had us over for dinner and I even got to go out in service with their daughter, who was a regular pioneer. We went door-to-door in a very circumspect way, doing only one house on one street before driving someplace else to do another house, keeping watch for police all the while. It was very exciting (I was 15 at the time).

You know, I think back to memories like that and I tear up a little -- those people were so very nice and so sincere and it was because of who they are, not what religion they are. I hope by now they've realized that.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit