My little heathens

by merfi 6 Replies latest jw friends

• merfi
    merfi

I DA'd in March after seeing the filth under the facade... The last meeting I was at with my kids was a CO visit in May when I couldn't stomach the drivel and we walked out early... Since then, the kids (9, 10 and 13) have spent the summer, now every other weekend with their dad who is a JW about 2.5 hours away. In the meantime, we've celebrated all the birthdays (two July kids and me in August, brother, nephew and cousins...) where the kids have signed the cards and helped pick out presents. They've been to about 2-3 b'day parties each for classmates since March. We celebrated July 4th with guilt-free fireworks.
    And, the big one (as I've never really liked it) this year -- Halloween. I'm still amazed and maybe a tad confused at the offspring here. lol The kids all helped choose and put up creepy stuff in my front porch and would help put the plug-in pumpkin out at night or rescue the witch from her fall from my front door in the wind... My 10yo was on the H'ween committee at school ("I need to make two pans of brownies tonight mom!!" said at 8pm Oct 30 as I'm at the puter in jammies and a scrunchie, and there being no brownie mix in the house...) Then on H'ween night, I had three first-time trick or treaters. Even better, two of them were Harry Potter characters (eldest finished all 6 books in a month and youngest and I are sharing #1 in the series, and we've seen all movies now). H'ween night they were out in the 'hood beggin candy like they'd done it every year since birth. Definitely not like the little JW kids they were raised as. They've written down their Christmas list for me and the rest of the relatives and are talking about what color lights to have for decorations... I'm having SUCH a good time with this! And it is true -- the holidays are so much about the kids, the fun and the togetherness. It all couldn't be further removed from the evil, danger and wickedness the idiot JW teach about them. Buncha fun-haters.
    So I'm just about giddy with how they've embraced the holidays -- and the reasons (I feel) behind them. I'm walking a bit of a thin line with their dad, which does concern me a tiny bit. They have to put on a different face when they're with him. So not sure what this is teaching them, but I figure their therapists can figure it out when they're adults.... For now, we have a very different household than we did less than a year ago. We're closer, more relaxed and definitely more funner. (I know that's incorrect, but it just fits. :) )

Just thought I'd share my success-so-far story.

~merfi

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Now thats a cool story!...OUTLAW

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh Merfi, I am so happy for you. I love how you word it here:

For now, we have a very different household than we did less than a year ago. We're closer, more relaxed and definitely more funner. (I know that's incorrect, but it just fits. :) )

Just thought I'd share my success-so-far story.

It is truly success. Just perfect. I am glad to hear you are having fun.

Decki

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Loved the story...

I understand completely and take GREAT pleasure in raising my two kids with all the stuff I never had as a kid, growing up a "dub".

Keep up the good work

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Merfi

a lovely story! Made me happy to read it!

Reminded me of an old Bob Dylan song:

"Love is all there is, It makes the world go 'round
    Love and only love, It can't be denied
    No matter what you think about it
    You won't be able to do without it
    Take a tip from one who's tried...."

Love works a lot better with kids than hate and dogma. It's great to see your children blossom once the JW influence is removed from their hearts...

Pope

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Merfi,

Good for you and your kids!

It's a real pleasure to read of kids that have been rescued from the potential fate of becoming brainwashed jw zombies, and are now being encouraged to enjoy life.

Thanks for sharing.

• becca1
    becca1

That is very sweet. I'm glad you and your kids are having so much fun. I hope dad doesn't screw them up too badly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit