God's image

by Rex B13 67 Replies latest jw friends

• siegswife
    siegswife

I don't have anything against atheist, except that some of those here seem to think that they can judge and ridicule the faith that others may have. I think it's ludicrous for anyone to judge God and those who believe in Him, and then can't offer any basis for their judgement. It really comes down to 'I don't believe it's true' or 'I don't think it's right' or 'you should read this book'. Of course your judgment of the situation is based on what you think or what you believe or what you read. So is mine. Tell me something I don't know.

If you don't believe in God, or the Bible or anything at all, that's your business. But please don't insult my intelligence by trying to make like what YOU believe or think somehow puts you in a different position. I can't think of anything that would enable you to judge me. We ALL believe what believe because that is what we believe. period. If you can't offer any proof other than your own, or someone elses, OPINION of it, why do you insist that those who DO believe in God offer a defense to you? I don't have any burning desire to 'save' anyone. That's not my job, and I'd never even think for one minute that I could accomplish it.

I'm perfectly happy to live and let live as long as others give me the same consideration. You don't have to answer to me for your thinking, and I sure as hell don't have to answer to you for mine.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

SW,

That has to be one of your better post.
    I liked it.

Tell me what do you think about my apology to You Thread?
    I'd like you to post on that thread if you have an opinion.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • tdogg
    tdogg

Conflicted: I read your posts on this thread and we are of the same mind on the matter of faith and likey share a simmilar past.

If we are created then we are created as logical reasoning beings. We observe the world to ascertain facts. Then all of a sudden when it comes to God and religion we must forego our logic and reason and fill in the gaps with faith. Moses got a burning bush. The apostles had visions. They didn't have to have faith they had proof.

• Julie
    Julie

Hi Siegswife--

:I don't have anything against atheist, except that some of those here seem to think that they can judge and ridicule the faith that others may have. I think it's ludicrous for anyone to judge God and those who believe in Him, and then can't offer any basis for their judgement. It really comes down to 'I don't believe it's true' or 'I don't think it's right' or 'you should read this book'. Of course your judgment of the situation is based on what you think or what you believe or what you read. So is mine. Tell me something I don't know.

I agree with the "believe what you like and I'll believe what I like" attitude 100%. I do not believe that you *are* one of the self-righteous, I-am-so-much-better-than-unbelievers people.

I have no desire to make you explain your beliefs and you should only feel compelled to do so if you make a bold assertion and are asked to back it up.

There are others, you probably noticed, who do not share your live-and-let-live attitude. Those are dangerous people and must be exposed for the lunatics that they are (granted some need little help to expose their lunacy). I'll bet there are some folks in Islam that wish certain lunatics of their faith had been squelched too. I would like to think any Christian would be offended by Rex and others who present a very ugly, negative face to the world representing Christianity.

An attitude such as Rex's is the sort that causes nothing but misery in the world. Perhaps you may try to influence him into considering a more moderate (read "rational") mind set.

I regard our right to believe as we please to be sacred--
    Julie

• conflicted
    conflicted

tdogg,

I've given thought to that point myself - the greatest examples of faithfull followers had proof.

God personally spoke to many people in the bible, as well as performing miraculous acts.

I guess my quandry with faith now is that I don't trust anymore. I had faith, and with that came trust in god that what he promised would come to pass. I was wrong in following the JW's, but now I find it hard to trust any organized religion. This lack of trust or faith has nothing to do with god, but with the religous leaders who claim to speak for him. I've read the bible on my own, without someone to interpret it for me, and found that I still couldn't believe.

I looked, but did not find. So now I am searching elsewhere, I don't have a vast accumulation of info yet, as my search has begun just recently, but I think I'm progressing.

I hope you find what you are looking for, but in my search I am finding that what I am looking for changes depending on what I find along the way.

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Julie,

>Those are dangerous people and must be exposed for the lunatics that they are (granted some need little help to expose their lunacy). I'll bet there are some folks in Islam that wish certain lunatics of their faith had been squelched too. I would like to think any Christian would be offended by Rex and others who present a very ugly, negative face to the world representing Christianity.
    An attitude such as Rex's is the sort that causes nothing but misery in the world. Perhaps you may try to influence him into considering a more moderate (read "rational") mind set.
    I regard our right to believe as we please to be sacred--

To be blunt you are a slanderous liar and you know it. You keep dumping on me because I refute your own attempts to 'shame' people into agreeing with your point of view. I defend my position plus I give you other reasoning that I don't agree with, then you have the gall to compare me to Islamic fundamentalists? The Bible HAS NO JIHAD DOCTRINE.
    Just go on over to any Islamic country and you will finally thank GOD you live in a Christian nation.
    Moderate: read.....compromise truth.
    Rex

• tdogg
    tdogg

Conflicted: You speak what I feel man. I think maybe you could be my spiritual leader. You know just fire up some cockamany religion waving a bible, throw in some eternal this and holy that doctrine. I could be the VP maybe. We would need lots of donations of course and I could use a new car, you know for the lords work. We would need some hard core zealots though, this Rex fella seems pretty venomous in his words and if we get him enrolled, well he could maybe be over the public relations dept. And then we could.......

• Julie
    Julie

Rex--

:Just go on over to any Islamic country and you will finally thank GOD you live in a Christian nation.

LOLOLOL!!!! I'll bet all the Jews, Muslims and others would be happy to hear they live in a "Christian Nation".

You narrow minded fool, you wouldn't know how to refute an argument if your life depended on it.

Julie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit