The Bible advances women's rights

by Rex B13 43 Replies latest jw friends

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Rex,
    Two points to make.

1. My response to your post was an honest question not a smart ass remark so I'm suprised that you would proceed to call me a knee jerk follower, stupified and lost for anything substantial. I follow no one Rex, please remember that. I have made it a point not to attack and or goad you with snippy remarks in my posts since the last time we argued on this board so in the future I would appreciate the same in kind.

2. My screen name is jonjon. Very simple...jonjon. Not jojon not jjon but jonjon. If I can remember how to spell Rex you can remember how to spell jonjon.

Peace and love to you and yours,
    Jon

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

I apologize to you, JonJon.

>Rex,
    I don't see how it's possible to quote some scriptures to prove a point when there are just as many if not more that disprove the same point.

I really don't believe that is the case. I was only showing how the Israelites were advanced in comparison to the other nations.

>That is why the Bible has never made sense to me. It contradicts itself too much to truly be an inspired work of God.

Actually, you need to study it and consider the valid methods of interpretation and exgesis of scripture. What we have going on is a battle between literalists and non-literalists even within 'Christian' churches and denominations. See my post, "Lost:redux" for more clarification.
    If all that you read and believe are the contentions of non-believers, you will not see that both sides have valid views.
    Think of it this way: a non-believer who has a no God-world-view will assume that no miracles happen and the supernatural does not exist, he will seek and find reasons to justify his assertions; a believer will leave his mind open to the possiblity that the unseen world does exist, miracles may happen. He will seek to rectify apparent contradictions if he is a literalist and discount them as unimportant, viewing the ideas and meaning behind the STORY as his basis for belief. Some assert, 'Sola Scriptura', others say, 'Christ reveals scripture, the Bible is just a book'.
    Some faiths accept old earth creation, some new earth, some evolution and intelligent design. The variety is there.

>Just MHO. Not bashing, just pondering how someone can be considered another persons property and yet their equal at the same time?
    Peace,
    Jon

They lived in a different time and a different world.
    Rex

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Rex,
    I have stuided the Bible, that is exactly why I have the belief system that I do. I did not jump to Atheism simply as a knee jerk reaction to my upbringing. That would be stupid.
    I truly believe that you have very strong convictions and I applaud you for sticking to them. I however do not agree with your convictions, just as you do not agree with mine. The only differance I see between us is that I do not think you are damned for your beliefs. Let's just leave it at that, since arguing over it won't solve anything.

Peace and love to you and yours,
    Jon

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

Rex,
    BTW thanks for your apology, I truly appreciate it. I also apologize if I came off kind of snippy. It was not my intention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit