My first time!

by spoils_useful_habits 6 Replies latest jw friends

• spoils_useful_habits
    spoils_useful_habits

I voted early in the USA midterm elections today. It was the first time I have ever voted in my life and I've never felt so liberated, like a big weight has been lifted from me. It feels so good doing the bad bad things(like voting!)that I was deprived of doing all my life. My first Thanksgiving and Christmas is next!..........For those of you who have voted in an election, how did it make you feel?

• mama1119
    mama1119

Congratulations!! Welcome to freedom!!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Congrats!

It feels good to be involved in the choices that affect us as humans doesn't it?.....It actually makes you feel like you belong here on earth, that your not an outsider!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Congratulations!!

It's just great to be able to take part in an activity without that guilty feeling that the org instilled into you regarding "worldly" activities. Have a great Christmas etc as well!

• crazyblondeb
  • Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Ah geez, that thread title got my hopes up.

Anyway, that's cool that you voted. Since leaving the borg recently, wife and I are concentrating on the personal things like holidays, hobbies, and other little mundane things that make life sweeter. I have wondered what it would be like to vote. I never have. I think that to get to that step I'm going to have to pay a lot more attention to the local community and who's who. I would just be dangerous to the process at this point because of my ignorance of the issues and who is involved.

Anyway, good job!

LDB

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Congratulations, you have done your duty;) I am glad I didn't miss out on that. I voted at 18 by absentee ballot for Pres. Reagan. My non JW dad helped me make that happen since I was out of state (already registered). I was very happy then, and I am an avid voter to this day-and think it is the least we should do as citizens. I have worked in partisan and non partisan ways at several elections. Can't make things perfect, but I can vote for the best of what I believe in.

Gotta love a virgin voter. I hope your first time was beautiful:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit