Have any of you ever read this account?? How do they explain this away??

by Lady Liberty 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cellist
    Cellist

The JWs in this area (and I hear in other areas) seem to have the custom of sitting down to turkey dinner with family and friends on December 25. I imagine they have the same excuse as for Thanksgiving. It seems to be all right if everyone present is JW, just can't do it with any worldly relatives.

Cellist

• DoubleYouBee
    DoubleYouBee

So how's come there're no big 'weaning day' celebrations observed re: Isaac? It's just as scriptural as 'the given ones' being 'replacements' for GB members! It also passes the top WT criteria - it's from the OT and doesn't honor Jesus in any way.

That's an excellent point about celebrating a birth only at birth - but weddings(oh, now they're evil too, darn...) are continuously celebrated on the 'anniversary' date... and surely if Satan hates a person loving his life and being happy to be alive... then he would also hate marriage and anniversary celebrations as they're 'sanctioned-by-God-good-things'?

Yes - Thanksgiving is an evil day....shudder... It has something to do with politics I'm thinking... and also interfaith - wouldn't want to be saying prayers along with the Godless who pray to who-knows-which demons.

Like many of you - I can hardly believe I went along with this unbalanced thinking... I thought it was just me when I didn't understand or felt 'rebellious' - lol - when I really didn't believe something taught - but now I see it was my brain momentarily trying to un-numb itself... Those were the constraints of the religion that I chose, so I went along with it all. The hardest learned and the absolute best life lesson comes from being SO wrong about SO much - humility. Thank you WT, for helping me see how thoroughly I could allow myself to be deluded... it was the ultimate hard-won humbling experience. Thank you VERY much!

WB

ps - Don't want to miss anyone's 'banquet day' - Happy Weaning Day, everyone!

• geevee
    geevee

This is an interesting angle. I hope that one day I can use it on someone. I am also posting to get this thread included in my post histroy so I can find it again. The Job account of the persons day is also worth recording.
    Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit