A simple strange question.

by vomit 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Steam
    Steam

Think of the finished product! It takes many scriptures from different books of the Bible to explain God's Divine Plan of the Ages.

You can read thru the Bible, verse by verse but not understand much about truth.

Pastor Russell. wrote his books on "Topics" with many scriptures being used from all over the Bible. He is the only one who has brought out the understanding of the Bible and the Great Divine Plan.

You would do well to read his books; "The Studies in the Scriptures"..

Steam Psalm 50:5

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Thats exactly how my bible study group operates, we read from the scriptures, give thoughts , correct each other if its wrong. nothing more nothing less.

I was recently invited to a bible study of this nature, held in the home of a former MS and his darling wife who have been out of the WTS for four years now. It sounded like something I thought I would get a lot out of if I went....but later on, hubby warned me about a few things and I kinda chickened out now. It could "go" either way.....and could lead to things that hadn't occurred to me.

It stinks coming out of a cult....sometimes you see shadows behind the trees that may not even BE there.....at least for me it seems that way!

Annie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Steam, this is your bible interpretation:

It doesn't make a complete picture.

• vomit
    vomit

Sorry I would like to interject on my own thread.
    I am 100% atheist, I personally believe all the bible is, are originally some ghost stories passed down by sheep herders wandering the deserts. People expounded on these stories and eventually through history came to so persuasive in their own culture became a shaper of the culture, where mo
    re people who wrote believable stories got theirs published in the big black book.
    I have even read some of the stories that didn’t make it into the big book, most recent the Judas Gospel. Guess his peers didn’t like him much... haha
    I believe the benefits from reading the bible are minimal, yeah there are a few insights like love you neighbor as yourself, but this is just an expression of a natural human ideal. There are some historical benefits from the bible also, like how did the sheep herder society waste manage, i.e. by burying their poo a mile away from camp.
    Steam "You lack understanding of what is being done by God. You should read the books written by Pastor Russell called "Studies in the Scriptures"." (from another threat)
    "You can read thru the Bible, verse by verse but not understand much about truth.
    You would do well to read his books; "The Studies in the Scriptures".. Steam Psalm 50:5"
    Steam was this directed at me?
    I am not mad or calling you out or anything, but you lack understanding of reality, people like Judge Russell( I wont give him a religious title as I have no respect for fairy tales) used the same methods as bible writers, in that they deceived people to believe that their words were some how inspired, when in reality they are words of men who hunt for glory and greed.

• alias
    alias

Perhaps a picking and choosing to support one's viewpoint?

If so, not strange at all.

alias

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit