Story from Brisbane Australia

by why144000 19 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• why144000
    why144000

The Courier Mail Friday November 3 Page 7

Jail for sex Crimes

A long-serving member of the Jehovah's Witness church has been jailed for sexual offences he committed against two young brothers more than 30 years ago. Rex Peterson, now 69, was brought into Brisbane District Court in a wheelchair for his sentencing yesterday because of multiple debilitating medical conditions. It is expected that he will need around-the-clock care in prison. Judge Michael Shanahan jailed him for three years but ordered the term be suspended after he had served four months.

Anyone know this guy? Why did it take 30 years for this to come to court? To be fair this was not the only instance of sex abuse reported in the paper, there was a couple of other reports.

• zeroday
    zeroday

Most sex abuse cases wether JW or some other religion usually take years to come out. The victims have repressed memories of the event and come out years later. It is difficult to say what should be done with him, if he is disabled what's the point of prison just to watch a crippled man die in prison. I can imagine after this ordeal he doesn't have much of a life left anyway. Who knows. I'm glad I'm not a judge to make such decisions.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

why144,000,

Can you provide the link please. I would like to post this in another forum. Thanks.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

The name does ring bells for me, but I can't place why. I lived in Brisbane when still active JW. I am just trying to work out how it is I know the name....

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I'm with misspeaches, the name is familiar as we lived north of Brisbane for years. I do know of one case a few years ago of one of these scum around the Caboolture congregation who molested many boys .One of them tragically committed suicide and I knew a couple of the other boys who just went off the rails. The man killed himself when the police closed in on him but naturally none of the elders warned anyone about him before and certainly did'nt want anyone to know about the affair afterwards.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I can't find it online, the story must only be in the print version. See if someone can buy a copy ans scan it in....

Pope

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Here it is - from Page 7 on Friday's Courier-Mail:

I hope the bastard dies in jail.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Thanks Pope hope they bend the old scum over a table and torment him a while ....oops

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Was this the guy that a lot of JW's went to for naturopathic medicine?? Anyone know?

Pope

• Roski
    Roski

That's him

(unless there are two people with the same name).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit