Disfellowshipped for celebrating halloween?

by Dune 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Dune
    Dune

So I went partying on halloween in my costume. It was fun, had a great time, all that good stuff.

However, i'm on a peer network thing kind of like myspace but its only for college students, however, anyone who goes to my page can see that i have like 3 pictures of myself in my costume.

So i was wondering, if a witness went onto my page and got those pictures could they use that as ammo to have me disfellowshipped? Do you know anyone thats been disfellowshipped for celebrating holidays?

Just wondering.

~Dune

• Frank75
    Frank75

My brother was disfellowshipped for sending our mother a mothers day card. Oh and I was seen at his house......!

You will only be DF'd if they want to get rid of you. The more involved you are with people in the borg the more your defection is felt. If you are out there anyway, chances are they would leave you alone.

Frank75

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Dune,

If you don't want to be df'ed, I would take down those pictures. They could absolutely use that as proof that you're celebrating a "false religious" holiday. Don't make it that easy on them! All it would take is one "zealous" person who feels obligated to turn you in.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I was DF'd for celebrating Christmas. I'm guessing Halloween could get you nailed too.

Dave

• juni
    juni

I really don't know.

What I do know is that while helping a brother and sister paint the inside of their house there was an old Mother's Day card sent to that brother's grandma (she was living with them) by his two elder uncles and their wives. It was sitting out on the dryer where our paint and brushes were so I couldn't help but see it and was wondering what the? I did open it and saw the signatures. I was taken back as all of these people were "good" spiritual dubs. Hypocrisy ran rampant at this cong. w/the same people advising others against "evil" things.

I guess people basically did what they wanted, but at the Hall it was different.

Juni

• skyking
    skyking

You bet Ya! take them off your blog!!

• mama1119
    mama1119

I would say yes, you could most definitely be DF for it. Do any witnesses know your webpage??? If they are looking to DF you I am sure they would check it regularly looking for ammo...

• james_woods
    james_woods

In Oak Glen cong, Okla. City some time in the 70s, there was a young married mother who was studying and regularly attending the meetings. Nice lady, fit right in. She was well on her way to baptism when somebody spotted her out with her kids on Halloween and told the elders. I don't think she even knew that trick-or-treat was taboo.

Well, two of them show up at her door on Sat. morning and read her the riot act. Her husband (who was not involved with the JW - just a normal working guy) hears it all and shows them the door. Later, said lady shows up late at her (last ever) meeting and reads riot act back to the elders after the meeting.

The words "nobody comes into our house and tells my kids what to do" got hollered memorably. So, in one fell swoop, she saw the truth about the truth, supported her husband, put some busy-bodies into place, and saved her kids from a life of misery.

I wish there were more mom's around like that!

(the elders all confided amoung themselves that "she was not one of our kind" and that demons may have been involved.)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The words "nobody comes into our house and tells my kids what to do" got hollered memorably.

This just warmed my heart!

Does she have a sister you can fix me up with?

W

• juni
    juni

Hi W!

Did Rocco go Trick or Treating? Or stay home and hand out the candy? lol

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit