Afghan Women under Taliban

by Tina 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

((((((((hedenuff)))))))))
    Hang in there sweetie! It does reel the mind and stab at the heart. I understand, and felt the sheer pain and senselessness of it all.No people should have to exist like this. I say exist because it certainly can't be called life/living. I know it's uncomforatble and upsetting,but becoming aware of the world around us and whats going on in it is the first step towrds some type of resolution. We are a global community. If one doesnt take the global worldview,they become narrow and insulated, and isolated. It's like any other education process,you begin with awareness and identifying the problem.
    It does re-shape and prioritize our perspectives,I agree. The sad reality is the religions' history is overloaded with such atrocity and genocide.And it's present.Religion in the hands of fundamentalists has always been used to dominate,control,and justify atrocious behaviors. Seeing this makes it easy to visulaize some of the atrocities and wars in the bible. Like Bridgette states,this leaves us with an enormous moral dilemma. What can we do as individuals? How can we get into a country to help or educate that won't allow us in? Even world relief agencies are not allowed to help. It is mind boggling.
    I hope things are going ok in the personal sphere.....I understand not posting,often we need the energies it takes focused elsewhere.

I'm going to watch that program tonight again........Wishing you strength,courage and love HE,T

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    Our little contrite sillinesses we talk about here seem so mundane to their daily plight for a scrap of food for themselves and their children.

Isn't that the truth! When you read about these types of human rights violations it makes you grateful that you can leave the organization, shunning be damned! At least we don't have to die to get out!

I just can't understand an all-powerful God allowing these attrocities to continue for so long. These men spew their religious beliefs like we should all tremble in fear of them and their god...how can they commit these unspeakable things and still claim to have such a pure religion.

*HUG* I know just how you feel. I've been asking myself these questions for a long time. I have known for some time about the conditions in Afghanistan and similiar countries where men rule as gods and women die every day.

Or some just have their faces mutilated, like the woman I read about in last months Glamour magazine. It's disgusting.

As far as how "God" allows this, I don't know. This is what fuels my agnosticism these days. I just don't think that a loving God could allow such things to go on for innocent children.

I just don't know. But I do know this: zealots are zealots and anyone who says that they are the only ones with the Allmighty's approval...scare the hell out of me.

An extra *hug* because I think you can use one.

(((((((((((((Had Enough)))))))))))))))

essie

"Though you may disappear,
    you're not forgotten here,
    and I will say to you,
    I will do what I can do."
    ~Peter Gabriel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit