Did demons ever really rape some sisters?

by hambeak 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• hambeak
    hambeak

I had a conversation last night with someone and we were reminescing about the late 60's and early 70's about how a couple of the sisters were telling at the time that they were being molested and sometimes raped by demons. In our cong they were told to open the Bible to a certain scripture and leave the bible open to it at all times and leave a light on. Anyone else remember some of this paranoia?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Rape is not something to joke about but I truly believe this is JW Urban Legend

• under_believer
    under_believer

I don't know where to start with this one.

So I won't, except to say: No. Demons did not rape some sisters.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I heard these stories as well. I believe it is hogwash.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I wouldnt mind carnal knowledge of a demon. I bet they are wicked in the sack!

But im sure its never happened.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

This is an urban legend. There has never been one documented case proven that a "demon" (however you define this) to have raped anyone. If any event like this actually happened to a sister it was most likely only in her mind, some type of pyschosis (mental illness) that the poor dear was suffering from. Lilly

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Some very weird mental cases happening inside this cult...perhaps also a strong need for attention.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Total crap. I remember hearing the stories and it even touched my house -- family legend says that we had demons in the house that required my mother to burn most of my toys to get rid of them. Apparently it was my fault we had the demons because I accepted a present of a doll from one of Mom's studies and she turned out to be a witch . . . or so I was told.

I remember strange things happening at night, but they weren't demons.

Nina

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

kattiekitten I bet you are wicked in the sack too!

• hambeak
    hambeak

Let me clarify Yes I believe it was a result of an over active imagination. In one instance a sister I personally knew (one of my teachers in Jr High) was terribley phisically abused by her husband an Air Force colonel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit