KM Insert "How Do I View Blood Fractions..." Complete Scan and PDF

by V 79 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Geko_man
    Geko_man

G'day there Under_believer, i think you're reading into my questions too much... I'm not defending or agreeing with anyparticular point of view here, i was just copying what the Borg says, and trying to find how their resoning allows them to partake in blood fractions. Then when you stated that you dont believe that the bible doesn't allow one to take blood transfusions, i just gave you a scripture straight out of an article? I wasn't meaning to anger you or get you to ask me to stone someone? Nice visual there...

Thank-you jgnat for bringing out those points, quite thought provoking. I was thinking along similar lines while i was a JW.

• vitty
    vitty

I went on the www.ajwb.org and found no updates on the blood policy.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67
    Is it me or does the guy on page 1 look as confused as I am about the blood fraction policy? Clearly the Watchtower is looking for anything to get out of the refuse blood transfusions policy it became tangled up in.

I don't know what to think about all this. I got confused as well with all the mumbo jumbo crap talk. Like some of you have said, I think this is a way of getting out of a lot of problems they've had regarding this issue.

I posted my introduction to the board not too long ago, I don't even remember under which thread, anyway, I talked about an experience given in a Circuit Assembly about a couple who had a daughter with leukemia. The part was supposed to have been about this couple being faithfull because of their refusal to accept blood. Well it turned out to be that her daughter died because of them refusing a bone marrow transplant. At no point during their explanation of their situation, did they said anything about going through any decisions regarding accepting or not accepting a blood transfusion, but finished their story by saying that the reason of her dying was their refusal of a bone marrow transplant. I went through the roof sort of speak, because I could not believe that somebody could be so ignorant so as to think that refusing a bone marrow transplant could be the same as refusing blood.

My point is that, witnesses have become so afraid to "offend" God with this decision on the blood issue, that they can't even diferentiate between what is or not is a blood issue. This couple just let her daughter die, because they took matters to the extreme, and maybe thought that one thing had to do with the other and refused anything that had to do with blood or came close to it.

The only thing that I agree with the Society in this "new light" is that they said "each one will carry with their own burden of responsibility" which is something that needed to be done a long time ago. Our consciences are what they are, and nobody should meddle into our personal decisions regarding anything in our personal lives.

My decisions will be my decisions, and the only person that I will be responsible to is God himself. If I made the wrong decision, then he will be my judge, not the Society.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The wheels of justice grind slowly, but finely. This KM is another response to Attorney Kerry Louderback-Wood's legal essay on blood. The WTS is trying to "inform" the rank & file of what these products can do. That, may actually save a life or two. The WTS admits that hemoglobin can be used to treat "massive blood loss." That is a first, I think! But, I think the 33% is just "dry weight" which is a different chemical weight than hemoglobin is in its natural state. The hemoglobin compound naturally occurs with H20 (water) attached to it. This fact has been left out, making the hemoglobin sound more "palatable" to the rank & file....and red blood cells still seem like they should be forbidden.

The average JW will buy this crap, just like 1975 & the rest. The sheep are brainwashed & most would rather let the WTS do the decision making for them. That's how it is for my family.

Skeeter

• jam
    jam

Years ago in early 80,s I was a young elder 30yrs. old. A young couple , young infant baby girl needed blood to live. I was call by the wife mother to come and offer encouragement because the doctor was applying a lot of pressure to take the blood. This was there first child. I told the doctor this is not my decision. And then i pull the father aside and I told him this is your decision you and your wife, not your mother in law . I did not talk to him or offer any scripture reason why not take the blood. The mother in law kept the pressure on. The child died . I gave the funeral talk. And because we live in a very small town, the community heard about the death. I was blamed for child death.We as elders have a lot to answer for before GOD.Misleading so many souls.

• jam
    jam

add to last post. WE WHO WERE ELDERS .

• Room 215
    Room 215

They've really made a horrible mess of this blood issue; on the first hand, it's clear that their earlier policy of regarding a transgressor as ``weak" and ``spiritually immature," and not qualified to hold a position, was far more enlightened, since it recognized that acquiescing to a transfusion is not an act of defiance against their authority, or wickedness but a desire simply to keep living, either for oneself, for those who depend upon him/her, or both.

Also, they've forgettent what ``abstention" or complete avoidance, means. They've concocted an arbitrary policy that splits hairs, plays God in deciding which ``fractions" are acceptable and which not, all the while ignoring the obvious fact that any blood processed into the aforementioned approved ``fractions" had to have been stored in the first place.

Considering the mess they made of the organic transplant issue and their previous ludicrous insistence that the literal heart is the seat of emotions, it's more than remarkable that they have any crediblility left among the flock. Yet, tragically so many are willing to bet their lives that these old men are plugged into the mind of God.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I feel so much for most JWs on this blood issue! What a complication for most! Most will not understand and "stuff it down" and hope they will never have to deal with it personally . .as I did in the early 60's when I was in my early teens. I found it difficult then to accept that "Disfellowshipment" would be an issue to accept blood . . .but then, I went on.....I vacation pioneered throughout high school and then, after graduation, pioneered for five years and then to Bethel for five years. I married there . . our "marryin' Sam" was Nathan Knorr - 3rd president of the WTS (I actually didn't want him to marry us in '73 - another story).I got pregnant, we left Bethel in '74,, I became a "Mom"! Re-evaluation of my life, youth, Bethel world, the Governing Body and child-raising began. I tell my children, they saved my life! (A longer story! :)) My children's father (still a JW, I guess) and I divorced many years ago. None of my five children are in the "Organization" and proudfully, they have "Free Minds".

Anyway, I hope through this website and others, Randy's efforts, and your efforts, no matter how diversified, that we can spare others and help them to move on more quickly than some of us.

I do thank you all,

Gayle Minette McCurdy,

[email protected]

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Anyway, I hope through this website and others, Randy's efforts, and your efforts, no matter how diversified, that we can spare others and help them to move on more quickly than some of us.

Welcome Gayle! I agree with you. I don't care to tell anyone how they should live their life or "pursuade" them like the jw are so fond of, but I do think that people about to be mislead by these hoodlums should get to hear the rest of the story.

Keep up your "apostate" efforts.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME
    I will not miss the meeting where this is discussed!

Nor I.

My hope is I am not asked to give the part.

bczar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit