KM Insert "How Do I View Blood Fractions..." Complete Scan and PDF

by V 79 Replies latest watchtower medical

• TD
    TD
    Funny how the KM is sure to insert the percentages of each of those plasma fractions, making them look like such minute components. What they don't tell you is that the rest of the plasma is water.

Good observation, M.J. --Ditto for red blood cells

• ballistic
    ballistic

The old blood booklet used the scripture "he who is faithfull in what is little..." when talking about the use of blood fractions.

• GramblingMan
    GramblingMan

Are fractions also covered by the command to abstain from blood? We cannot say. The Bible does not give specific direction on the subject of fractions.* (Footnote: * Helpful information on this subject is found in the June 15, 2004, issue of The Watchtower, pages 29-31.)Of course, many fractions are derived from blood that has been donated for medical purposes. Each Christian should make a conscientious decision as to whether he or she will accept or will reject the medical use of these substances.

This is what gets me, the bible doesn't address components of blood either yet they restrict it. Also you can't reason with a JW (My Wife) as they will just say I will not take any blood to cover myself. I ask her how can the GB make such a decision and you not see something is wrong with the policy. She claims they don't follow the GB, I say well then go ahead and take those components and see if you get DF.

• Sam87
    Sam87

it seems like the org are slowly 'weening' us back onto blood, first of all no blood whatsoever, next fractions, whats next? full blood transfusions? this is where i see them going in a few years, anyone agree?

Sam87.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

If people left because the organ transplant policy was changed, think of how many will feel devastated if they lift the ban on blood transfusions, not to mention potential lawsuits.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Here is a chart that i posted a while back to explain the history of the blood changes, and a few questions to show the senselessness of it all.

Good questions, jwfacts; so good, I think the only answer a dub can give to them is, "Because the GB said so."

There are no scriptural precedents for the use of fractions. The WTS loves to brag that it's standards "never dip like the world," but didn't they just slip on their own harsh standard?

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

The Watchtower should go ahead and change Leviticus 17:13 in the NWT to reflect their current blood policy.

[original]
    Leviticus 17:13 "he must in that case pour its blood out and cover it with dust."

[revised]
    Leviticus 17:13 "he must in certain cases seperate its blood into fractions, keeping certain fractions for substance, while pouring out the rest and covering it with dust."

pseudo

• Kudra
    Kudra

haha. I like the cupon-style clip-n-"save" thing on the corner of the page.

• Norm
    Norm

It's hard to know where to begin. The whole blood "policy" is stupid and insane. Who in their right mind would
    consult a very old bronze age text written by superstitious people living on a flat earth on health matters
    and medical procedures?

The cynical hypocrites in Patterson/Brooklyn only hang on to these insane rules to save face. In their mind
    it would be a scandal to come clean and say it was all a big mistake. It is all CYA.

Norm

• Pwned
    Pwned

i cant believe they allow hemoglbin now, won't be too long until they allow packed RBCs, its still only a fraction after all, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit