Gumby needs our prayers

by oldflame 66 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I've had knee surgery, not really major, but the recovery was a bear. You are in my prayers, Gumby, and I certainly hope someone competent can patch you up! If that fails, a good spritz of WD-40 will work in a pinch.

• oldflame
    oldflame
    OldFlame....your truely a good friend for thinking of this.

Hey thats what friend are for, besides you got to get back on your feet sos I can kick some butt on the golf course. Ya gimp...LOL

• gumby
    gumby

One of the alternatives to revising the wound was to put live skin cells in the wound such as baby foreskin or pig intestine.....but I didn't want to take the chance of a little penis growin out of my knee or a pigs head.

Seriously, they wanted to try it and I wished they had since the pump didn't work nor anything else. They stitched it once and butterfly bandaged it ( steristrip) many times but it never would attach itself together. Perhaps just putting a steril dressing on it was the answer afterall and trying to pull it together wasn't the answer. It has drainage ( no, not pus...just pee colored fluid) and that too made the sides not stick together so it would heal. If it look even better BEFORE the surgery next Thursday....I'm gonna tell the doc to just wait and see if it doesn't close by itself.......otherwise I'll be re-cut open and be in a damn hard cast for at least 2 weeks.

*wonders if nutsac grafting might work instead of foreskin*

Gumby

Odrade...tell me more about the pump in a PM if you see this as I'm shocked by what you said

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Gumbellina,

Dood...I knew you were having knee problems, but, I had no idea about the seriousness of it all. I really hope you get well soon and get back to work, too. I've been there -- and done that. I know what's it's like to lose income over a long period of time, because of a bad injury...it sucks big time.

So, get well soon !

Btw, your flexible rubber bones and mind have served you well. Bend with the wind, my friend, it'll keep ya' from breaking.

Deep Thoughts... from a hare brain.

Rabbito

• minimus
    minimus

Gumby, we kneed you.

• Clam
    Clam
    but I didn't want to take the chance of a little penis growin out of my knee

Gumby you'd be an honorary Cockney (geddit?)

• kid-A
    kid-A

Sounds like he had a first year med student close the incision. They obviously didnt properly close the underlying fascia and connective tissue layers.

The only reason an incision like that would not heal up within a few days is a faulty closing technique.

That is incredible surgical incompetence. You should be looking for a malpractice lawyer right about now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit