New here

by NanaR 25 Replies latest jw friends

• NanaR
    NanaR

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome!!

I appreciate all the suggestions. My husband works at a Residential Treatment Home for adolescents, and he has to work on Thanksgiving Day this year. For the past couple of years, I have gone to the Home to eat Thanksgiving Dinner with the residents and hubby. I will do that again this year. But I think I will do a big meal for my daughters on Friday so we can have some family time.

I'm just going to feel my way on the Christmas thing. I will be doing some decorating in my office at work and so forth. I should be able to figure it out.

I'm glad I found this board. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you :-)

NanaR

• delilah
    delilah

Hello and welcome, Nana....glad to have you here with us. You could always just ease into the holiday thing, you know? Just start by decorating with lights, say, the bannister, or a grapevine arbor entwined with lights, in the archway of a living/dining room...have the lights on all year round, like I do. Then gradually work your way into more and more, than one year, put up a tree...that's what we did...now we really go all out. I'm faded, for over 8 years now, my hubby is df'd.

Where there is a will, there is a way. Best wishes, keep posting.

• stillin4now
    stillin4now

WELCOME NANA

People here are very nice. You came to the right place.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings from the north country NanaR

Welcome to JWD

Dismembered

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Nana.

Welcome to our world.

I don't have much advice for you as I am stuck in the same mire as you are.

Stick around. There are many wonderful people here that we can learn from.

Cheers

Chris

• bubble
    bubble

Hi Nana and welcome to the forum. I'd just like to say that I have been out for four and a half years now and celebrating the holidays does feel a bit weird the first few times. I celebrated Christmas properly for the first time last year, but it was quite low key. This year I'm going the whole hog!

So my advice would be, take it one step at a time and let your celebrations increase each year as you feel more comfortable with what you're doing.

Love Marie. XXX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit