kn37 - 50 bible studies

by Zico 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Zico
    Zico

At the Service meeting tonight the Service Overseer announced that the British Bethel had received 50 requests for bible studies since the campaign. This surprised me, though I suppose it's not really a huge amount, I wouldn't have expected that many.

Also, our Cong has run out of tracts, and we're only half way through the campaign, with lots of territory still to cover. They were almost begging people to bring back any tracts they don't expect to use as 'the Society won't send any more' - Worldwide message indeed... Well, I know I will not be returning any of the 140+ tracts I have sitting in my cupboard! (I've stolen loads of other dubs' tracts, telling them I've run out and need more - Call it Theocratic Warfare Strategy - keep them away from the householders!)

And finally, the SO had an 'experience' where he met a former priest, who left his religion because of the lack of love, and is 'very interested in finding out more about the love in our organisation' He's in for a disappointment...

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Zico - theocratic warfare? you are too much. But seriously, I wish I had thought of that when I was in the borg. Lilly

• Zico
    Zico

hi lilly,

I think I'll recycle them once the campaign's well over. May as well get some use out of them. Hopefully I can get a few more before the campaign's over!

• Zico
    Zico

Nice to see you back as well Lilly, job going ok?

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

LOL Well, I was at my orthotist's office today for an adjustment on my AFO (leg brace) and laying on the waiting room table was a stack of #37! I snatched them up - 20 copies - guess there was one JW who didn't follow instructions!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    and laying on the waiting room table was a stack of #37! I snatched them up - 20 copies -

GASP!!!!

NOW there are 20...count'em...TWENTY nice folks who'll never know they are DOOMED because they are following a false religion!!!!

Way to GO, Zasu!!!!

hugs,

Annie

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Fifty requests for bible studies? I find that incredibly hard to beieve! What size territories is involved? How many people (approx. population)? Perhaps your S.O. received doctored information - the people were actually ones found "at home" who received their "personal copies" of the tract in person! If it's not REALLY 50 people requesting studies in all of the British Isles (even that figure sounds too high), then I think the Branch is lying, lying, lying!

• Gary1914
    Gary1914
    the British Bethel had received 50 requests for bible studies

This might actually be true because we have also gotten notices that because of the tract people were interested in a bible study.

However, when calling on these people you immediately realize that many of these people are elderly, lonely and just want someone to talk to. They sent in the coupon mainly because it said that they would receive a weekly bible study and it was FREE. One woman wanted us to come and conduct her study only on Friday at 8:30. This is when her daughter left her to go shopping and she did not want to be alone at that time.

I have not met one person who sent in the request who was, should I say "normal"? I hope you know what I mean by that and just wanted to make it clear that these people all had some agenda in requesting the visit. Not to mention the ones that were clearly "abnormal" or strung out on drugs or alcohol.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Sorry!

• potleg
    potleg

50 study requests out of a population of 50 million +...sounds like a 1 in a million ratio to me, and how many will go as far as baptism?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit