Were you accused of starting your own RELIGION?

by Amazing 18 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

What say you ... have you been so accused?

No, Though they can't fathom that their is any alternative to being a dub though.

My dad kept asking me "what are you , what do you call yourself, are you an atheist,

you must believe we came from the monkeys ......."

I told him I refer to myself as a christian.

No reply, defense or acknowledgement just on to the next dub subject ..........

• Mulan
    Mulan

My husband was accused of "starting a church". We heard that from people all over this area. Apparently the elders would call on someone who had quit attending meetings and asked them if they had joined Dave King's church. How silly.

That's the last thing we would have wanted. Enough religion already.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

a family in my congregation was accused of this as well.

• mariposa
    mariposa

I was not but there was an annointed sister in the hall who left and she was thought to have started her own religion...whatever!

• Carmel
    Carmel

I was falsely accoused of a lot of things but starting a church wasn't one of them! Might as well have been though!

carmel

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I am not saying!.................LMAO!!

• carla
    carla

How could they really have such a problem with it? Isn't that what Russell did?

• WCC
    WCC

It was stated often that many "apostates" go off on their own to start teir own religion to try to copy the Watchtower Society! Oh lord help us all if anyone wants to copy them!

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

When two elders came to talk to us they asked us if we belong to any group or forming one. I have a friend(still active jw) asked me if I am forming a religion. It seems like these questions are typical ones from jw. I guess many are leaving for similar reasons. My husband told them, it might not be a bad idea and said that is how CTR started jw thing. He pointed out that CTR was involved in other religious group before jw. They didn't respond to that statement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit