Were you accused of starting your own RELIGION?

by Amazing 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Mouthy said that she was accused of this ... and I remembered that I too was accused of starting my own church. Supposedly, I went up and down the West Coast, gathering up followers, and then secured a church building in the Seattle area. The book, Crisis of Conscience, mentioned that allegations were made against some Bethelites who supposedly secured a meeting location, and started a religion known as 'Sons of Freedom' or 'Sons of Liberty.' It almost seems like a consistent pattern the Society uses to discredit ex-JWs ... though in my case, I was able to trace the rumors back to the Elders who made the allegations. Perhaps this is part of their training? Or is it a natural reaction because of the fear instilled by the Society?

What say you ... have you been so accused? If so, what is your story ... what fantastic lies were told about how you started your own religion?

Jim Whitney

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I know Ray Franz was accused of all kinds of things including starting his own religion. Of course, none of it was true!

Outaservice (Who attends the CHURCH OF WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW, BABY! )

• KW13
    KW13

Lady Liberty was accused of the same. Its pathetic to us but its one of the bigger things that would scare away a dub - oh they've gone crazy and now they have their own 'cult'.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I heard this nonsense when I was there.

Supposedly, everybody who leaves the JWs wants to start their own religion.

LHG

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If they do, its because they were told that all OTHER religion is false, and then they find out the one they thought was TRUE is actually another lie. What else COULD such a person do?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Yes, I was. I was even rumored to have changed my name to suit whatever the new religion was assumed to have been.

It's the best tool they have to keep the r&f under their thumb and afraid to have contact with those who've become wise to the WTS skulduggery (sp?).

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thats because it was gathering newcomers, first I had it in the Home- then in a school, then in a university,Then we rented the Holiday INN.In the end it got a big to much for me to put up the tables -coffee,snacks, & one thing I would NEVER do was ask for contributionsIIIII But the funny thing was an Elder sat in the lounge at the Holiday Inn & wrote down the names of people that came.... He thought we didnt recognise him.... Gave us a big laugh...Talk about the Nazi's -they got nothing on the Watchtower.... But when they said I was conducting a Brothel I was REALLY enthralled.... Pretty good for an oldie .I wonder if the Old Watchtower Brother??? who came on to me- thought I was THAT sexy!!!!!!If your reading Ernie H.....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

As far as I know I wasn't accused of starting my own religion, but the JW gossip machine had me travelling across Canada and the USA in order to bash the watchtower society and incite rebellion against it.

W

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

When I first started to go to the hall in June of 84, someone was just newly OUT and the hall was all abuzz about this individual being of the Evil Slave Class and <gasp!> starting his OOOOWWWN religion (echo echo echo)! I thought there must not be anything more evil on the planet than an exjw starting their own religion...and Im thinking...do they tell people this because he is out in the parking lot recruiting? Are the telling us this so that we wont be drawn in when he approaches us innocently in the veggie aisle and drags us into his unmarked waiting van?

LOLOL! Can you say PARANOID??

Just because you THINK somebody is watching you..doesnt mean they arent. hehehe

• Honesty
    Honesty

An elder asked me if I was going to start my own religion since "you can't go to Christendom's churches because they worship Satan. You acted in haste when you DA'd. Ask the brothers if you can rescind your decision before they announce you are disassociated. They will probably just privately reprove you."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit