Local Worldies Get Night of Payback for Entire Year of Pesky Door-Knocking

by Check_Your_Premises 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I knew they would never answer so felt free to keep banging away, after all I saw them in there!

And that's how we do it in service too. If you think they are at home keep bugging the crap out of them until they answer.

Any reason you datelined Pensacola?

Yeah, that was my take on it. That is great that you pestered them! I took my 3 year old out for the first time last night. We went to the first house and I said with carefully chosen words, "ok sweetie, here is your first door!". Exquisite. And I told the people who answered that they got the honor of her first trick or treat.

I walked a 3 year old around the block, who was dressed like a princess, and got about 20 peices of candy dropped into a pillow case.

My what a despicable sinner I am. I am sure Jehovah is quite furious with me.

Pensacola? That is where the newstory came out of!!! I am a serious journalist!!!

Or maybe it rhymes with Frankie and Lola? Maybe I spent a little time in that neck of the woods? Hard to say.

Happy Halloween!!!

CYP

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    yeah i must agree the Ray Franz part was the best!

Usually I have a different favorite part than everyone else, but this time I have to agree. That one made it in one of the last edits.

The one about Jehovah's people being persectued was probably a close second.

CYP

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

LOL !!! That was priceless!!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

How does Ray dress???

• Undecided
    Undecided

You should have dressed one up like a JW with tie and a witnessing bag, that would really scare them.

Ken P.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Hillarious...I honestly did laugh out loud at this!

DB74

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    You should have dressed one up like a JW with tie and a witnessing bag, that would really scare them.

That is funny! It would have made a good angle to the story also. Get some kids dressed up as witnesses, going knocking on the doors of witnesses on Halloween.

Terrifying indeed!

CYP

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Your stories are a riot! Keep them coming!!

We went to the first house and I said with carefully chosen words, "ok sweetie, here is your first door!".

This almost gave me goosebumps... your child has a chance to experience 'normal'. When my mom became a JW, my dad quit doing all the holiday stuff with us kids. I really missed the holidays, but I missed feeling 'normal', like I fit in with the rest of the kids, most of all.

You're a great dad!!

GGG

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

This almost gave me goosebumps... your child has a chance to experience 'normal'. When my mom became a JW, my dad quit doing all the holiday stuff with us kids. I really missed the holidays, but I missed feeling 'normal', like I fit in with the rest of the kids, most of all.

You're a great dad!!

Well the credit goes to this board and the fine people on it. When I showed up here I had been hit by a mack truck.

"These guys saw a 1000 guys like me before. They knew every move I was going to make and how to head me off. They had me sliced and diced before I knew what hit me." -Ithinkisee's Dad

When I showed up here I was desperate, without hope, and without options. Now I am one step ahead of them! Now I have them sliced and diced. Yeah, it has been a dark and difficult road but I feel like I have reached a static point. They aren't gaining ground on me anymore, I have my strategies in place and slowly but surely I am the one gaining ground!

So when I said, "Here ya go, here is your first door", I said it for her, but I also said it for all you guys (my wife included) who have been robbed of so many precious moments and memories and relationships. It was a really poignant moment for me.

Here is the translation:

"Go knock on that door. Not to hand out bogus literature or to brainwash you, but for the only reason a kid your age should EVER be knocking on a damn door.... TO GET YOUR HALLOWEEN CANDY"

Up yours WT!!! Keep your grubby hands off my kid!!!

CYP

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I took my 3 y/o out as a princess, but the closest my wife would get to passing out candy was to put a bucket with a "take one" sign on the front porch.

She was pretty good natured about it and re-filled the bucket several time during the evening while we were out knocking on doors, but of course the Dub brainwashing kicked in and she felt guilty afterwards. I told her to confess if she felt that badly and I would accept the consequences. I also told her any restrictions about passing out candy are pure WT fabrication. What was Jesus' example regarding children?

Nobody indulged children more than Christ did. A simple act to make a anonymous child happy is one of the sweetest gestures a human being can make and is duly recorded as such in the Bible regardless of how hard the WT tries to pervert such a simple pleasure.

I almost cried when my child sat down on the grass for a quick candy picnic with a little bunny and another little princess. It was just beautiful.

What a contrast with the 3 y/o's who were in meetings that night. Getting the crap beat out of them just because they can't sit still for two hours straight. Or maybe I should take the advice of the 70+ y/o "Special Pioneer" and feed my child some cough syrup before the meeting so that she sleeps? Nice huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit