Did anyone watch 48 Hours Mystery last Saturday....

by sunshineToo 7 Replies latest jw friends

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

on Scientology? The title was "A Question of Faith." http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/48hours/main3410.shtml

This cult is so much worse than Watchtower.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Yes I did. And even my 14 year old was saying it was such a creepy cult. She immediately got the fact that you have to pay money to move up in Scientology and laughed when she heard it was started by a science fiction writer!

I find it very sad really. At first I was wondering how could they fall for it?, but then remembered I fell for the WT and I am a fairly well-educated person. Lilly

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I saw the program. They definitely seem warped, but television is sensationalism.
    If they did the program about WTS, it could make them look just as warped.

In the future, people will rewrite the Scientology history to elevate Hubbard's
    beginnings.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I did also. Terrible !!!! Pity the poor lad that killed his Mum...What tradegy are done in the name of religion

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Mouthy,

Good morning! You are so right, what a tragedy. That kid needed mental help and the parents were duped into believing that taking the help was wrong. It reminded me when the WT was against people seeking mental help, remember? I don't know if they are still like this.

My mother was schizophrenic and my father bi-polar so I have experience dealing with mental illness. I also have had depression on and off for many years. Its much better out of the WT but still sometimes I need medication. To me these issues are chemical imbalances in the brain and if people can take meds for a heart problem, diabetes, etc. then I can take it for a chemical imbalance.

When Tom Cruise bashed women taking meds for post partum - I was furious. I also had that for both my children. When my second was born the doctor told me not to have more kids as it was so bad, I had thoughts of hurting my son. Thankfully my hubby had common sense not to leave me alone with my baby until I was on medication. After about 6 months it passed and I was fine. Apparently it gets worse with each pregnancy you have. Anyway, Tom Cruise said I should have taken vitamins! The whole thing is so ridiculous and dangerous too. I was glad when Brooke Shields came out and spoke about it. Lilly

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thankfully my hubby had common sense not to leave me alone with my baby until I was on medication

Lilly Sounds like you found a good mate (((HUGS))) Yes My Mum was manic.... Used to chase me up the stairs to the loo when I was about 9/10 going to kill me. ....She got well after Shock treatments.

Thank God for the help that is available now ,,,God bless sweetie (HUGS) Granny Mouthy

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Sometimes I amaze at the power of brain wash. I'm sure Tom Cruise is not stupid, but he is convinced that vitamins will cure (or at least help) the mental illnesses. I laughed at the fact that it started by a science fiction writer. But many sects and cults started by a man or woman whose had a different day job. Maybe that's why they don't pay that much attention to that fact.

I didn't know much about scientology. But now I know no one should be in it.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I watched it too. It upset me due to so many misunderstandings of some, and the total foolishness of others. It hit close to home because the "Faire" that the mom had sold her glasswork at, is nearby and she probably drove right past my house many times to get to that Renaissance Faire).

I haven't done a search on the origins of what they claim is "Scientology", but I have heard that they think they are from or being influenced by alien beings that landed here on the earth and went into volcanos. It is much wackier that the WTS in that respect!!!

I noticed that their logo on the building in Buffalo had a cross before and after the "church of scientology" that is seen by the public. Having the background it does AND the bizarre teachings that it seems to.....where does the use of a cross come into play? Do they even believe in a resurrected Christ?

There are FAR too many UNanswered questions with this cult......

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit