Should we be DF'd for eating trans fats

by Bonnie_Clyde 21 Replies latest jw friends

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Wow....are you part of the GB and found that you have recieved "new light"? (JK)The donut shops will suffer for sure!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Absolutely! The JCs around the world should DF for gluttony, inebriation, slander, lying, cheating, laughing, screwing, pissing blood, and fornicating with a desire for another mate. The JCs should DF for joy, DF for pain, DF for missed meetings, DF for bad hair days, DF for unpolished shoes, and DF for the hell of it. The JCs should DF everybody and then the world will be a better place. Then the JCs should DF Jehovah and His angels, then DF themselves.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    if smoking is a DFing offense, how about trans fats?

It could set a dangerous precedent. What next? Refined sugar? Coffee? Donuts? Granted, these foods can be just as "defiling to the flesh".

The watchtower is already having trouble keeping members without policing their dietary preferences.

I remember the last time I ate at KFC. By the time I took my second bite of the chicken leg the grease was running down my arms, and had almost reached my elbows. I threw the rest of the food in the garbage and haven't eaten at KFC since - it's been about 5 years now.

W

• Genesis
    Genesis

Amen brother Lawrence, amen !

• lowden
    lowden

Trans Fats (hydrogenated oils) are REALLY bad for us. The body can't rid itself of them. They should be outlawed worldwide.

Peace

Lowden

• Warlock
    Warlock

Who said transfats are bad anyway? Some group who wants to put you on their pills for the rest of your life?

Warlock

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Who said transfats are bad anyway? Some group who wants to put you on their pills for the rest of your life?

Huh? I take it you are playing devils advocate?

Would that pill group be the Harvard School of Public Health?
    http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/reviews/transfats.html

"Harvard School of Public Health researchers helped sound the alarm about trans fat and coronary heart disease risk in the early 1990s and advocated that it be explicitly listed on food labels.

In an updated analysis of the trans fat-heart disease link, HSPH researchers have found that removing trans fats from the industrial food supply could prevent tens of thousands of heart attacks and cardiac deaths each year in the U.S.(1) The findings are published in the April 13, 2006 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine."

• Warlock
    Warlock

kk

No one, and I mean no one, could have possibly had a worse diet than my grandmother, junk food full of those nasty transfats, and she lived to be 76. She would have lived a lot longer, except for a mis-diagnosis. She went to the doctor with what she thought was the flu and the doctor sent her home. Turns out she had pnemonia and by the time she got back to the doctors, it was too late.

Same thing with my grandfather. Same diet, but he died at 85.

The only point I'm trying to make is some in the medical/nutritional field have a lot of money to make by scaring people into thinking that what their research shows is gospel for everyone.

Warlock

• lowden
    lowden

Warlock

Unless you ARE joking, you've just made yourself look like a total fool.

Lowden

• Warlock
    Warlock

Lowden,

Insofar as looking like a fool, that is fine with me.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit