Whatever happened to The Bird Flu and SARS?

by jayhawk1 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I wonder how I would react if there was a bird flu outbreak in my area, and then I noticed that I was starting to show the symptoms.

I really hate that I'm going to die someday. I don't know how you ever make peace with that knowledge.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Dan:

Whether it be the bird flu, an armed gunman or losing control of your car in winter storm, facing our mortality is not a pleasant thought.

My best (unsolicited) advice? Whatever you do to prevent getting sick, keeping doing it. Live life, enjoy life, change what you can, try not to worry about that which you can't.

Uzzah

• LivingInReality
    LivingInReality

Uzzah,

Are you associated with the Red Cross by any chance? My daughters grandmother just came for a visit last week and she and I just had a very serious conversation about all of this. She is some important higher up in Washington D.C. with the Red Cross' Disaster Relief. She was at Ground Zero....and she just came back from 9 months in New Orleans/Mississippi...where they asked her to head FEMA in that area. Anyway..what I'm getting at is that she is privvy to A LOT of information that the general masses will never know. And she was discussing the fact that once the bird flu begins to pass from human to human.... we have a pandemic on our hands. She said that they feel as if it is definitely going to happen but they really don't know when, they just keep their eyes on all of the information coming from around the world. When it does begin to pass from human to human she said it will come in waves and she recommended to me that if it were ever to come to my area (Upstate New York) to stay at home, keep the children home from school and let it take its course until the wave passes and things seem safe again. Once again... its not at that stage YET, but they believe its imminent. She said we'd be looking at deaths in the millions worldwide. Scary huh?

L.I.R.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit