How Many Clocks Did You Reset

by Undecided 41 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

They should invent a clock for everyone that runs a little faster and gains an hour every 6 months, then the same clock that loses 1 hour the next 6 months gradually one day at a time.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Aha! I was right! You Yanks did change your clocks!

On Sunday, it was our turn to put the clocks forward for daylight saving. But on Sunday evening, a certain phenomenon I not ce in my web-surfing happened after 8pm, instead of the usual 6pm. Even with daylight saving, it was an hour out. "I wonder if the USA has gone back from daylight saving at the same time we brought it in", I mused. And lo and behold, here's a thread to prove me right.

BTW, alarm clock, microwave, mobile phones - not much here.

• Kaput
    Kaput

All of 'em.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

NONE - Another good thing about living in Arizona : )

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    NONE - Another good thing about living in Arizona : )

Does the same thing happen in Arizona on New Year's Eve that happens in Queensland (another State that doesn't observe daylight saving)? That people in border towns celebrate the New Year in one state, then within the next hour drive to a town inside the border to celebrate it again, an hour later?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Too bloody many thats for sure, video, dvd, kitchen, bedroom (2) childrens bedrooms (3), car, living room, dining room, at least the computer clock reset itself

• Mystla
    Mystla

I only had 3 clocks to change.. and I haven't done it yet.

Question: Where are they discontinuing daylight savings? I heard that they are changing when it occurs, not getting rid of it. This is what Wikpedia had to say:

In 2006

The schedule for 2006 in the United States is that DST began on the first Sunday in April (April 2, 2006), and changes back to standard time on the last Sunday in October (October 29, 2006). The time is adjusted at 2 AM.

From 2007

Beginning in 2007, DST will start on the second Sunday in March (March 11, 2007), and change back to standard time on the first Sunday in November (November 4, 2007

Not sure if that applies elsewhere.

Misty

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Too many, that's for sure

I have not yet got around to the car and the mobile phone - although , it might be that that was never put forward last spring!

Every time in the change over , some of the media complains and say that we should stay ahead , but I cannot see that happening . We did that once in the 60's but in the winter it was not getting light until mid morning , especially in the North

BTW some of the clocks are now radio controlled and change automatically . That is better.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Oooops!

Today's the day, huh?

*scurries away to change the clocks back*

Duh!

ESTEE

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Stephanus - Guess you could celebrate New Years twice (if you were sober enough). It's a 2 hour drive to California from here so you'd be late for the second party. When in Georgia I was less than an hour from the Alabama state line (& Central Time) so it would have been easier there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit