Got the Flu i think

by KW13 25 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

The past couple of days, my eyes seem a bit watery and feel strained, my nose and everything else is blocked up with snotty stuff and i got a sore throat

Also can i add that food tastes rubbish

Sympathy and ideas here lol.

• Clam
    Clam

KW get out in the fresh air delivering the tracts!

• Faolan
    Faolan

Plenty of clear fluids (that does't mean vodka!) and fresh air. If it was flu you wouldn't be able to get your head off the pillow so sounds like a nasty cold instead. The more water you can drink, the quicker you will flush out the germs and the fresh air will help clear your head. Olbas oil inhalations are good for clearing a stuffy nose, and to help boost your immune system, you can get either "echinacia" or "golden seal" from a health food shop. In fact, if you take echinacia or golden seal at the first signs of a cold, they often reduce the cold in length and severity. Also, my finance (Gadget) swears by Lemsip and whisky to help you sleep at night. Personally I say sod the Lemsip and just go for the whisky - afterall, there's only one thing you should put in whisky, and that's more whisky !!!!

Hope that helps and that you are feeling better soon.

Best wishes, Claire

• Gadget
    Gadget

Sounds like man-flu to me. The best thing is to strip naked, then get into a sleeping bag with a naked woman or two to raise your bodies core temperature. Its not a cure as such, but does make you feel a lot better!

I get a lot of head colds and sinusitis (I'm having an op in january to rebuild my sinus's) so I know how you feel. Get well soon mate!

Paul

• Jamie_from_Canada
    Jamie_from_Canada

do they have Cold-fx there? It is a ginseng extract and it helps boost the immune system and recovery time for flu's.

• KW13
    KW13
    KW get out in the fresh air delivering the tracts!

nooooooo lol, i dont want persecution i want sympathy

Plenty of clear fluids (that does't mean vodka!) and fresh air. If it was flu you wouldn't be able to get your head off the pillow so sounds like a nasty cold instead. The more water you can drink, the quicker you will flush out the germs and the fresh air will help clear your head. Olbas oil inhalations are good for clearing a stuffy nose, and to help boost your immune system, you can get either "echinacia" or "golden seal" from a health food shop. In fact, if you take echinacia or golden seal at the first signs of a cold, they often reduce the cold in length and severity. Also, my finance (Gadget) swears by Lemsip and whisky to help you sleep at night. Personally I say sod the Lemsip and just go for the whisky - afterall, there's only one thing you should put in whisky, and that's more whisky !!!!

Hope that helps and that you are feeling better soon.

Best wishes, Claire

I will do what you suggest, i got some echinacia right here too (that stuff tastes horrible).

I will try some lemsip and whisky tonight too, if i drink enough i will be able to just hit the pillow lol (i notice how you put finance by mistake instead of fiance, was that cos he is your bank? )

Sounds like man-flu to me. The best thing is to strip naked, then get into a sleeping bag with a naked woman or two to raise your bodies core temperature. Its not a cure as such, but does make you feel a lot better!

I get a lot of head colds and sinusitis (I'm having an op in january to rebuild my sinus's) so I know how you feel. Get well soon mate!

Paul

Actually i wouldnt mind some naked women in a sleeping bag but my GF may get a bit upset LOL.

i have a lot of problems with my sinuses but i think its related to dairy products in the main

do they have Cold-fx there? It is a ginseng extract and it helps boost the immune system and recovery time for flu's.

not entirely sure but echinacia does very similar but its herbal

• Mary
    Mary
    Sympathy and ideas here lol.

Sympathy? After those rude pics you posted of me? Ha! I say God's gettin' ya back and you can expect to find some boils on yer butt by sundown.

OK, if you're feeling sick, nothing's better than chicken noodle soup.....make sure you take a multi-vitamin every day, (no drinkin' booze) and taking 1000mg of Vitamin C every day too. And if that don't work, ask the elders to come over a grease your hair with holy oil and pray over you.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

I'm sorry to tell you this, but I'm afraid what you have is pretty serious and you will probably die*.

(*in about 60-70 years' time)

• luna2
    luna2

Sorry you are sick, Karl. I hope Mary's curse doesn't take and you manage to avoid the boils.

Sounds like you have plenty of herbal/vitamin/liquids advice. Don't make Kokimo get into a sleeping bag with ya, though, as she'll just get sick too.

Naps are good.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

((((KW13)))) I was just experiencing some flu-like symptoms night before last.....fever, chills, achy throat and such.....So I grabbed my bottle of cinnamon capsules and took four of them. The symptoms were gone within an hour. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit