How do you feel about "Ultimate fighting?"

by free2beme 25 Replies latest jw friends

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

R6Laser

Thanks for taking the time to explain the sport/discipline that you enjoy. I can see from your explanation that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu was a natural progression for you as a trained wrestler. Your suggestion to try a couple of classes is a good one.

I transferred a lot of videos from PAL to NTSC of world class Muay Thai for an enthusiast a few years back, and was always struck at the high skill level and endurance needed to compete in that sport.

I think if you love the martial arts and are disciplined, then it seems only natural for you to want to test your skills against others of like mind and ability.

One question about UFC that I've always wondered about. Now I'm not talking about the disciplined martial arts guys.

Do you think that some of the brawlers take performance enhancing drugs before the fights ?

• free2beme
    free2beme

While the national scene, might be something that is more controlled. I would say the smaller local scene, is lacking in that level. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is the birth place of the UFC, when it started to spread in popularity, the UFC seemed like the natural next level. It also started to show, how much of a waste of time most martial arts forms are. As much as people learn to do this form and that form, if someone knows Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and you come in with some stand up style ... you will lose. I took Kenpo for years, until I got my black belt, I took Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for about two years and that is what I would use in almost any fight. My issue with UFC is not the style people us, and I admit the early days were better, it is the brutal nature observed close up. I am not real in to watching people get hurt to the point that I have seen at times. I see why it is causing your little church going people, to put things on ballots to fight. As this kind of sport is not something everyone can stomach. I personally do not care if it last forever, but at this pace of cities banning it. I would be Las Vegas will soon be the main place you see it at.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

If two guys wanna get in the ring and see who's better at their profession... and these guys are pros, who am I to tell them not to? They train for hours every day to get in that ring. They know what they're doing.

Let Evil Reign! Bring on the freakin' Gladiators. It's about supply and demand. If someone will pay there's someone that'll get paid.

...oh by the way, not to be a jerk, cause I have zero belts and don't want a whippin' but I think it's "groin."

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I also have always been interested in martial arts and have recently just started training (again) in Muay Thai Boxing; the sport is incredibly disciplined and allows aggression and fear to be channelled more positively. I remember when I trained when I was younger, I was the fittest I had ever been and hopefully I will be again too.

Ultimate fighting however doesnt seem so disciplined and it seems more frantic and brutal. All ring sports are dangerous to an extent but UF seems exceptionally so.

DB74

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I'm neutral. :D

• free2beme
    free2beme

Remember that one of the reasons Rome fell, was that they were so in to entertianment and games, that they forget the reasons behind what made their nation great and only cared about the games!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit