Who Has Back Pain?

by gumby 43 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Excercises my chiropractor gave me and I still do when my back aches:

Pelvic tilt.

Angry cat.

Not for someone with a severe back injury, but rather for someone with a back ache.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I used anti-inflammatories and a heating pad or hot water bottles or soaks in a hot bath.

I was told to only use ice. Heat might feel good, but causes the inflamed areas to swell, which makes the problem worse. I did the same thing, just because it felt so good at the time, but when I used ice, it was better.

Like I said, my pain wasn't from a bone or disk injury. Mine was caused by inflammation and infection due to a fistula from earlier surgery. This is why ice wouldn't have helped in my case.

I was told by my doctor for bone injuries or sprains to ice it when the injury is brand new. Then to ice and alternate with heat and then ice. I agree that you have to be sure what is best for your particular kind of back injury or pain. I wouldn't take a serious back injury to a chiropractor alone. For a minor car wreck where you hit the steering wheel a bit too hard, or some similar jarring injury, I'd rather put it in the hands of a good chiropractor.

We were in a terrible accident when I was six. My mother was thought to have a simple whiplash injury. My grandfather, one of the first chiropractors, asked to see mom's x-rays. The doctors let him look and Grand dad told them mother had a hangman's break to the second vertabra. They argued with him. He said, get me a magnifying glass. He then showed them the break. They had been slinging mother all over the place and did not have her neck mobilized. The break was a t shaped crack and not a complete fracture. If they had kept being so rough with mom, the piece would have broken off and went into her brain and killed her. A good chiropractor is worth his/her weight in gold.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Does anyone know if the NASA foam beds hold body heat like standard foam pads? I'd like to get one if they didn't and would not be uncomfortable because of that reason.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I foudn that TaiChi helped a lot too, as it trains your body to move with minimal impact, especially to the spine. It can sometimes be a bit harder on the knees, though that's the particular From that I use.

Tigerman:
    The one I have is only about an inch and a half thick. It makes a big difference to the feel of the bed without increasing the insulation too much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit