Any Comments on IE7?

by XJW4EVR 11 Replies latest jw friends

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Been using it a few days, like the clearer screens, and I THINK it's faster, although not sure how that could be. Dont like the fact my links have dissapeared (I had a few favourite sites on the bar at the top, just one click away) and also dont like the favourites which have to be clicked on rather than just a menu appearing when you organise them into folders.

All in all, think I'll keep the update. Dont see the huge deal about tabs, surely when you had windows open before they showed on the taskbar anyway?

Poppy

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Poppy

Dont like the fact my links have dissapeared (I had a few favourite sites on the bar at the top, just one click away)

With a bit of fiddling I was able to get my Links bar back

Go to VIEW and click on TOOLBARS. If you don't have view then click on an empty part of what you do have and check on MENU

If it has a check in front of LOCK then uncheck it. Then put a check in front of MENU BAR.

If the LINKS bar is on the list then click on it. Initially my LINKS were on the right side and scrolled off the page. I couldn't even click on it. I shut the browser down and reopened it. Then went back to the MENU bar and clicked on VIEW. Under TOOLBARS check the link that say LOCK the toolbars. And I had my LINKS bar back

Hope that helps. If I have missed something keep fiddling with it

While typing this I discovered I can have a FAVORITES bar on the left side of my screen. Open FAVORITES (the big star). At the top right there is a little square with an arrow pointing to the left. If you click on that the favorites lock into a sidebar on the left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit