Greetings from Newbie

by c5 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• c5
    c5

To everyone:

Thank you for the warm welcome and kind words.

To Ray:

Yes, I do keep in contact with my father...we have a good relationship. He was quite surprised when I told him that I left the JWs.

• c5
    c5

Rolling Rock:

Yes, it would be nice to get together with some of the others from this board in MN.

• more2C
    more2C

Welcome C5!

I really enjoyed reading your experiences. I am glad that you are feeling better. (Professional therapy really helps, doesn't it?) I find this board very theraputic. Looking forward to more of your posts.

more2C

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome Cari,

We're a generation apart, and I'm a guy, but your story is very similar to my own.

Welcome to Reality!

• babyboo
    babyboo

Hi Cari!
    I've gone thru similar experiences as you have. The whole school thing and not having friends...totally me when I was a Freshy, then in my Sophomore yr I started making friends, but my dad claimed I was in "the wrong crowd" which was untrue. I never went to a party, did anything w/guys or any drugs...etc. He pulled me out of school in the middle of my Junior yr and I started Homeschooling. I only did it for a yr b/c I had to start all over from Freshman yr. And my dad made me go out in service during the day. Now I'm struggling to get my GED. I'll be 18 this Sunday, and I'm going to celebrate it!! (haven't celebrated it since I was 6).
    I haven't been to a meeting in over 5 months, my parents are JW's and don't talk to me-they think I made up a story of what I told them had happened to me when I was younger (I was molested by my step JW brother), and my parents said I moved out for attention. They told my sister that now I can do what I want, and they still talk to my stepbro who molested me. Which infuriates me, seeing how I only told them about the molesting 5 months ago. (b4 I moved out).
    Anyways, I have only one true JW friend who has kept in contact. I'm not DF'd or DA....it's screwed up how they treat you. Now I'm just trying to get back on my feet and live for myself.
    Just thought you should know that there are many out there just like you. Some younger, some older...we all have had experiences that have proven detrimental. But on this board, we can help support you and offer sound advice, along with our own experiences.
    Good to see another newbie on the board. Take care.
    ~Boo

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

c5, I noticed one of your other posts about Star Wars so I came here to get to know you better.

I'm sorry that I didn't notice you earlier but it's hard to keep track of all the "young" ones on the board.

Welcome, I'm glad that you are here and I'm glad to know another Star Wars fan

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Cari, Hi Maxine, welcome to the forum!

• ISP
    ISP

Hey welcome to the board, Cari! Good to hear your story. Hope you like it here.

ISP

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

WELCOME CARI!!!

I too can relate to much of your story. Raised as a JW, pioneered for 4 years, married at the tender age of 18 not knowing what the hell I was doing. I left the Borg 3 1/2 years ago along with my marriage. I too was only 24 and found it quite strange to live MY life for the first time. I felt so dumb for all of my naivity and at the same time had experienced with my marriage what many in the "world" hadn't even if they were 10 years older. In most ways I felt like a 16 year old experiencing life for the first time.

Now at 28 I am happier than ever. Still struggle with the after effects of the WT. Still finding my place in the world. But that in itself is what makes me happy...because I know I'm free! And I figure I'm kinda in college right now as far as mental age & experience goes! What fun!!!

Good luck to you in your own journey. Look forward to hearing from you on the Board.

Shauna

• zanex
    zanex

welcome to the dark side of the force...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit