How does a person tell between their thoughts and if God is communicating?

by The Dragon 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Parakeet:

So you rushed over to the day care center to find your child napping peacefully? Don't feel stupid. How do you know that your arriving didn't PREVENT something from happening that you will never know about?

I would have done the same thing you did no matter how it looked to anybody. Let them say I am psycho.

LHG

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    So you rushed over to the day care center to find your child napping peacefully? Don't feel stupid. How do you know that your arriving didn't PREVENT something from happening that you will never know about?

I've known several people who had similar experiences, but they found their kids choking on dimes, food, hanging from trees by their necks, etc. We can also have foreboding feelings for no reason that's apparent.

• parakeet
    parakeet

FlyingHighNow: "There are times that you get thoughts, powerful answers that you couldn't come up with on your own."

You're not giving yourself enough credit. Humans are capable of coming up with powerful answers on their own -- it's called insight. The dillemma you describe (worrying endlessly about your children) is actually very similar in nature to the Buddhist "koan," the most famous of which is "what is the sound of one hand clapping." Koans are not designed to have logical answers -- they're designed to make the mind fret and worry about the problem until finally, in a sudden flash of insight, the student realizes the problem is not the koan but in the limitations of his own mind. You came up with that insight on your own. Congratulations!

I'm sure Ron and Dan Lafferty and their victims would agree with your statement.

• parakeet
    parakeet

To LongHairGal and FlyingHighNow: It's true that I'll never know if something might have happened to my son. And there are many accounts of people having sudden convictions about their children and have saved them as a result. My point is that people get these sudden feelings and probably more often than not, there's nothing behind them. You don't hear much about those instances when there was absolutely nothing to warrant the impulse. They're not proof of anything, other than perhaps the capacity of the human mind to imagine.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    You're not giving yourself enough credit.

I give myself a lot of credit. The thing is, sometimes you don't come up with answers on your own. Friends and therapists, family, etc. or magazine articles can give you the answers you need. I definitely believe we can receive otherworldly wisdom through prayer or meditation, etc. It's not a Christian thing. People who are into Eastern philosophies often get answers as well. Ever watch Dr. Wayne W. Dyer on PBS? http://www.drwaynedyer.com/

Open your mind, you might be surprised at what you can find out. God or the Great Spirit if you will, doesn't always fix your problems or life when he answers prayers.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Steward...

If you are who you say you are....

Do you consider it a blessing or curse from God?

And what was "the scroll written within and on the reverse side"?

• parakeet
    parakeet

To The Dragon: If you haven't done much lurking here, then you won't know about the Steward (aka Estephan, among others). He's a demented troll who will gobble up a thread with nonsense faster than than a Thanksgiving turkey. The moderators will soon catch up with and delete him (again!).

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

I remember him....I have been on here quite awhile myself under another name. I made a few posts that the mods did not feel you had the discernment to view and evaluate effectivily on your own...So they deleted them before you were given a chance to utilize your own discernment on them.

The "steward" is IMO a pretty obvious misguided person who's intentions seem to be wanting to be somehow better than everyone else...or more privy to God and His thoughts than us.

He is throwing guesses around as facts or "truth" that he gives himself away easilly and quickly by doing so.

I can't believe the mods would bother with banning him personally...

That is more recognition than his words and behavior call for IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit