Why do we tell our stories: reconsidered

by Lady Lee 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Lady Lee:

I always thought there was something fishy about their desire to silence DF'd or DA'd people. They would have everybody believe it is for the protection of the average JW. I don't believe this. They are really protecting themselves because they do not want people to know that people left because there is something wrong with the RELIGION.

LHG

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Lady Lee,

Thank you for this thread it is extremely well written. I have been thinking many of the points you brought up. I feel so much better today after finding this site and reading other's comments and knowing that we aren't alone in our pain.

FreeChick.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I was going to start out saying, "I can't tell you how free I feel," but then I realized that I CAN TELL you because most of you have experienced it. I posted my story here last night. I didn't go into too much detail, but I've felt released ever since. I'm coming to terms with who I am and I'm seeing that there's a lot to like.

I'm glad I escaped the madness and I'm glad I found a place to heal.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, FreeChick and Abandoned. The stories are one of my favorite things about JWD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit