WHAT WOULD YOU THINK IF SOMEONE POST.......?

by juni 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Lady Lee said: I was stunned when they DFed me for a one-time thing meanwhile doing nothing to him for years of abuse.

This is exactly what happened to a sister in my old Hall. Her "christian husband" beat her up physical, mentally and emotionally for years and the elders did absolutely nothing about it. When the poor girl had an affair (simply looking for some love and affection), they DF'd her for adultery. Makes me absolutely sick to this day. Then again, the Borganization is nothing but a Good Ol' Boys Club, so I guess it shouldn't come as any surprise.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Well I would neve celebrate by a toke on dope I hate that crap! I would probably mind my own business and say nothing as really I am kinda shy. On the other hand if I knew the person I would probably say something. I don't condone adultery but as others have stated there is always more than one side to a story.

Ham

• mama1119
    mama1119

I dont't think I would celebrate the adultery, its not my business to. But I would'nt NOT asscociate with someone who did, based solely on that.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

I am with Seeker4 on this one.

Juni I sense an unhealed pain when it comes to this subject. I wish you love, peace and a release of the betrayal and pain that may still haunt you.

Smiles

• solo
    solo

Would you celebrate a new acquaintance w/someone who was DFed for adultery? How do you view this particular sin?

Personally no, there are many, many people who have cheated on their partners for many different reasons which include jws. If I shunned everyone I have ever met for this reason I would not be talking to many people.

I do not agree with adultery or cheating, I abhore it but relationships are complicated and the only people who really know the situation are those involved. It is impossible and inappropriate to judge these situations. I have been cheated on several times and it cuts like a knife whenever I think about it, the pain of betrayal does not really dull.

Although the situation with the writer is ambigious. Why is he celebrating? Is it because he has found a friend? It is because this new friend has escaped the jw cult? Or is he celebrating his new friend's adultery? Personally I think it is the first two. If he chose to celebrate his new friend by smoking dope then they are both dopes but that's really their call, they are both adults.

• daystar
    daystar

Nowhere in Butters' posting did he say he celebrated this person's adultery. And I think some people are thinking that.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/122746/2169580/post.ashx#2169580

I have been cheated on by nearly every single woman I have ever dated, including two fiances and one wife (very, very highly suspected). People do things, sometimes very stupid, mean things, for many reasons. That doesn't make them evil or someone for you to feel superior over.

I would share a beer with Butters, or anyone else. I would share one with a prostitute or a known thief as well. That doesn't mean I'd be their best friends though.

Man... *shakes head*

• Calyndra
    Calyndra

I don't agree with unfaithfulness of any kind. Would I celebrate? no. Would I associate? yes, but I'd encourage them to be more truthful in their dealings. My husband and I have a relationship that is open within limits we set forth at the time we committed ourselves to each other. I love him tenderly, but I don't expect him to focus exclusively on me the rest of our lives. He does not expect that of me either. We have been together seven years, and love each other more every day.

You don't have to be monogamous if you find someone who agrees and understands. In that type of arrangement, no one is cheating, and no one gets hurt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit