Blow up at an elder lately?

by Dune 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

Oh 6:30 is indeed crossing a line. I would definitely answer next time and let him know the harrasment is unacceptable and will not be tolerated any more. You will contact him when you want to talk.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Dune,

:So i guess what i'm wondering is if there would be a way to blow up at an elder but do it in such a way that they leave you alone for a while, but cant dissassociate you?

I kinda did just that. I was caught of guard at athe time. I told two of them to get lost...... They announced me about 3 months later. Without any correspondence. I heard it through the grapevine.

My advice is to avoid them at all cost, as you've been doing. If the fading thing your doing is new, as time goes on they'll forget about you. Remember they're nothing but menial unpaid busy body, understaffed, volunteers. Let some time go by, and like even the worst gas you can pass, eventually it and they will dissipate.

Dismembered

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Answer the phone every time, but quickly say "Can you please hold on a second?" then put the phone down and just leave it sitting on your dresser.

CG

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Answer the phone every time, but quickly say "Can you please hold on a second?" then put the phone down and just leave it sitting on your dresser.

Ooooooohhhh... I like this one...

But seriously - I think that you should do what the others have already stated - and tell him that you are busy right now - and do not have time to talk to him - and he should cease to phone you at inconvenient times - and should not ever phone you on your cell phone, as you have to pay for the minutes - even if he doesn't get through - and you will be sending him an Invoice for your next months' cell phone bill for him to pay.

Either that... or there should be some way that you can let his phone number to one of those fax 'services' that tend to call your number - trying to send a fax. There is no way to 'communicate' with them, and they tend to get annoying after a bit - especially when they call at 2am... *BEEP* ... *BEEP* ... *BEEP*

Regards,

Jim TX

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

If you don't want to be DA'd, I would tell him that you're very busy with work and school. This will annoy the hell out of him but they won't DA you (although you'll be considered "spiritually weak")
    ............don't forget 'depressed' and 'experiencing health problems' (anal cancer is popular right now), but don't give them DFing ammunition.................

• Kudra
    Kudra

Garybuss: WTF???

• garybuss
    garybuss

To get the appreciation of the elders here one must watch the movie "Fargo" three times. The dialect is an acquired taste as is the appreciation for polka music by an all deaf polka music accordion band. I'm sure Gilead teaches Dakota Norwegian as a foreign language for the benefit of the traveling clergy staff.

• Schism
    Schism

My situation is identical to the OP's right now. I was about to submit a post with the same exact question, minus the phone call harassment thing though.

My non-JW mate just informed my family that he believes the org is a crock. I am sure to be confronted by JWs/family to see if I feel the same, or if I covered my ears and said "lalalalalalala" while my he told me what conclusion he has drawn. I'm not ready to be DFed either.

Is the depressed card a good one to pull? I was diagnosed with social anxiety. Should I get a doctor's excuse?

You are not alone, my friend...

• Schism
    Schism

BTW:

I have also dropped off the face of the earth for a couple of months and now the FS invites seem overflowing, so I guess the phone is kinda ringing off the hook, but not at 6:30 AM. I would give him an earful for that next time!

• c.t.russel the IVth
    c.t.russel the IVth

Isn't it a 'priveledge' to be called on by the 'elders' with their sweet words of wisdom any time of the day or night? I personally agree with the former poster......tell him that's it's really difficult to talk before you have your morning dump [uuuggggghhhnnn] and then just let that hang while the 'elder' collects his thoughts trying to figure out what to say. ctrtheivth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit