Thank God no one listened

by I quit! 7 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!

I came it to the Watchtower in the early seventies. While my friends were going to college I was out selling Watchtowers. For some reason while cleaning the garage this morning I was thinking about this and thinking of the doctor I used to go to back then. I'm sure he is retired now. This lead to the thought that if people back then had listened to our message of Jehovah's Kingdom there would be no doctors to go to but no shortage of highly inteligent unfulfilled door to door magazine salespeople. Not an original though but one I feel should be expressed now and then.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Yeah, If absolutely everyone listened.. There would no doctors.. I do know of a witness doctor..who was one before.. he came to be a JW.

Not everyone would listen...not everyone is brainwashable.. So, it's kinda a far out thought, really....

• Brother Beyond
    Brother Beyond

Very true, and it doesn’t just stop at doctors. I know of several witnesses who in the early 70's sold houses and businesses in order to proclaim the impending destruction of 1975. One person I know who did that is still suffering the financial backlash of giving away the proceeds from the sale of his very successful business to the org. Funny thing is he is still an active witness elder. How odd!!

BB

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi I quit, you're right. If everyone listened or not even everyone, just those destined for those kind of jobs, then we'd be left with no doctors, dentists, lawyers, vets, policemen, etc. I guess if that did happen then the society would have to allow such careers. The witnesses would soon complain if they were ill with no teeth and got burgled every week lol. I know it would never happen but a good point you've made.

• exwitless
    exwitless

I have often thought this about my family. No one in my or my husband's families are JWs. As an active JW, I often tried to "witness" to my family, but deep down, I always had this nagging thought: What if they do listen and become JWs and they (or I) do something to get DFd? I came to a subconscious decision that I was more comfortable with them remaining "worldly", because I didn't want to ever be faced with the prospect of having to shun them (or for them to shun me.

• garybuss
    garybuss

If Hitler had accepted Rutherford's offer we might have been going door to door with Mein Tower.

• I quit!
    I quit!
    Funny thing is he is still an active witness elder. How odd!!

How odd indeed. I know witness myself that are in that position. I just don't understand why they never catch on.

I always had this nagging thought: What if they do listen and become JWs

I had that same though but I didn't realize it till after I was out and then it surfaced. There were people I really like that I never wanted to become dubs because I knew it would ruin what I liked about them.

I guess if that did happen then the society would have to allow such careers. The witnesses would soon complain if they were ill with no teeth and got burgled every week lol.

I guess the point is the Watchtower Society only works because no one listens to it.

If Hitler had accepted Rutherford's offer we might have been going door to door with Mein Tower.

And I'd bet we would have had some pretty cool uniforms to go alone with Mein Tower. And medals also. The pioneer medal, special pioneer medal, the order of the mike boy medal etc. However I think the disfellowshipings would have been brutal.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Think about it, if all JWs listened to the Governing Body they would all be gone. There would have been no kids to populate Bethel and none to baptize. The only ones left would be the Governing Body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit