"Knocking" documentary is CNN approved.

by DevonMcBride 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade

Carla, if that comment was addressed to me, you will notice that I referred only to this movie; and judging it without seeing it, is a bit like the JWs judging "worldly" material without cracking the cover. The organization is a different story, I know because I was there.
    I believe, based on reviews, that it is biased, and likely a propaganda-type movie. However, I will not be writing any letters to anyone until/unless I see it. To do so without seeing it lacks credibility. I wonder what a newspaper thinks when they receive a letter that says "I will never watch this movie and you shouldn't show it because it is all lies!" I'm sure the first thing the editor thinks is "how do they know? They haven't seen it."
    As a sidenote: "god-given brain"?, well, then, I'm quite happy that my brain evolved.

• sf
    sf

Yes, common sense tells one that it is par to see a movie before reviewing it in its entirety.

Yet, so many people see or don't see movies only AFTER critics have seen it and give their PUBLIC reviews. Based on those reviews they make a decision. NOT after they themselves sit through it to decide if it has ANY merit to sit through even one second of it.

Trailers work well in showing the jest of the theme too. Many times a trailer will be my deciding factor if I want to invest time and/ or money in seeing a movie of any kind.

When you go back to when this movie was first discovered, there is much debate and discussion on it. All over the net.

I myself do want to view and re-view it a few times in order to know what and how to counter its MISREPRESENTATIONS OF FACTS.

I suggest carla take a couple of moments to consider the benefits OF seeing it. Even if you can only stomach it once. Try darlin'. You will then be armed with knowing how the enemy is actually moving about.

Plan your strategies accordingly, to what you are WITNESSING. KNOW YOUR ENEMY and focus on your target CARLA.

sKally

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Oroborus,

Are you buying Christmas presents? I mean three (3) copies....

Skeeter

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

yeah Skeeter, one for the Father, Son and the Holy Spigot...

-eduardo

• Odrade
    Odrade

I myself do want to view and re-view it a few times in order to know what and how to counter its MISREPRESENTATIONS OF FACTS. I suggest carla take a couple of moments to consider the benefits OF seeing it. Even if you can only stomach it once. Try darlin'. You will then be armed with knowing how the enemy is actually moving about.

I agree 100%, I do intend to comment, just not yet. I want to know exactly how to fight this particular piece of propaganda. I'd rather not give anyone an easy way to dismiss my criticism, so I will see the "documentary" before I protest it.

• DevonMcBride

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit