The Elders are closing in....my days are numbered LOL

by diamondblue1974 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    But they do have a cool secret handshake

If youre a left hander LT! They SHUN right handers. Its a sin against the bovine spirit or something.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I'm not comparing your physique to a rhino!

Of course that would be akin to saying that I have a big arse and that I am horny!!!

And I know you wouldnt dream of casting such aspersions...either that or you have been speaking to people I know

You're in a good place. You're already a long-term inactive person, hence not on their annual roles of publishers figures. Neither do you have any particularly bad influence on the congregation you once associated with. To DF you would merely be a formality.with few repercussions other than emphasising the stupidity of the whole arrangement. Leave them to their childish games and give them not a second thought

You are right of course, but it doesnt stop them making monumental fools of themselves though; especially when they think I am leading one of the previous flock away or preventing her from going back. But who knows and more importantly who cares?

I will keep you updated, it will be worth the laugh.

In the end, as long as it doesn't affect your relationship with your mum, there is absolutely nothing they can do to you!

To be honest I dont think it will effect the relationship I have with her...it will just mean she will refuse to discuss 'spiritual things' with me which to be honest is a blessing in disguise...I only ask to get the inside track in the hope I find something out before JWD LOL.

DB74

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Good luck in making the elders see how pathetic they are.

• lowden
    lowden

Sounds like fun actually DB. I'm quite jealous come to think of it!

Peace

Lowden

• NanaR
    NanaR

"For the avoidance of any doubt, I do not recognise the pseudo judicial powers of the WTBTS and will not submit to them for any reason whatsoever."

DB74,

I made a similar decision recently. I told my husband that I will not talk to the elders for any reason, and I am not going back to the KH for any reason either (last time was a funeral at which treatment of a DF relative of the deceased made me very angry -- but I digress). I refuse to grant them power over my life. They can remove me from the congregation (which would only serve their purpose -- as I removed myself with my feet already), and they can cause people I care about to shun me. But they cannot make ME do anything I do not want to do. This is one reason I have not written a letter of disassociation. For me, the letter would be more for THEIR benefit than for mine (it lets them classify me, and I would just rather not do that for them).

So I support you heartily!

Hopefully you have made a life for yourself outside of the influence of this body of "old men". I haven't been reading here long enough to know much about you, but I'm still reading :-).

These "old men" can make people's lives truly miserable, and for that I believe they will ultimately be held accountable. But they really only have power over us as individuals if we grant that power to them.

Good luck and best wishes to you,

Nana R

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit